Sleeping in (Orechi)

Eru began to shuffle around under the blanket, slightly stretching before rising up and stretching her arms out further. Her eyes fluttered open, then closed shortly again when she yawned.

The sound of movement erupted from beside the black haired girl. She turned her attention there and saw her still sleeping boyfriend Houtarou.
She smiled at the peaceful expression on his face. Eru was about to move out of the bed, until an arm swung around her waist and held her back.
"Houtarou?" The young male groaned. Eru tried to move out of his grasp, but his hold did not weaken for a second.

"Houtarou, I have to get up." "No." Eru sighed.
"Stay with me. Please?" Eru could only smile and followed her boyfriend's request.
She threw the cover of the bed back over herself. Houtarou, with a sleepy grin, snuggled closer to his lover. "We're not in school anymore. Why get up so bright and early?" "Why not?"
Houtarou rubbed his chin against the top of Eru's head. "Oh, my sweet, sweet Eru. As bright as the sun." Eru felt a kiss get planted on her head.
She blushed at the affection, especially since they were sleeping in the same bed. "Houtarou, doesn't this feel awkward for you?" "No. Why?"
Eru stayed silent.

She and the male that was sleeping with her had dated since their last year of high school, and have currently been going out for three years.
Even in all that time, Eru always felt awkward when sleeping with Houtarou.
"We're still dating, so is it okay for us to be doing things like this?", asked Eru. "Things like what?" "This. Sleeping together. It makes it look like we're a married couple." "And?"
Eru kept her composure, but deep down she had just about enough with Houtarou's constant questioning.
"What I'm trying to say is, shouldn't we only be sleeping in the same bed if we're married? We're not, so..."

The next words that came out of Houtarou's mouth made the girl go silent as a grave.

"Then marry me."

Eru's eyes went wide while her face became the darkest shade of red imaginable.
"Wh-wha-?"
"Marry me. Then we can sleep together without any problems. Sound good?" Eru still had a universe of questions flying around in her mind, but she settled down and snuggled her head into her boyfriend's chest. "So... will you marry me?" Eru giggled abd nodded. "Yes. I'd be more than delighted to."

And that was the last conversation the couple had before falling back asleep, letting most of their time go by.