Cookies (Nalu)

Requested by @viru_a

A young Nashi was in the living room, looking through a cook book intently. "Sweetie, what are you doing?", asked Lucy, watching her daughter.
"Reading this book." "Reading? Or looking at the pictures?"
Nashi pouted at her mother's retort. The blonde celestial mage walked over to her child and looked at the book with her. "Cookies, hm?" "I want give some to daddy! But I don't know where to find them!"
Lucy giggled at Nashi not realizing she was reading a cook book.
"Why don't we make these for him?" "Really? We can do that?" "Of course! After all, I think it would be even more special for daddy if you made it yourself, don't you think?"
Nashi rapidly nodded her head and dashed to the kitchen.

The mother daughter duo began baking. "I wanna make star cookies!", exclaimed Nashi. "Okay", replied Lucy with a chuckle, taking out a star shaped cookie cutter.
"I'll roll the dough, and you can cut the shapes. Sound good?" "Yeah!"
Lucy and Nashi made the dough and placed it on the counter, where the celestial mage rolled it flat with the rolling pin. Nashi came running giddily and cut star shapes out of the dough.
"Is the oven ready?" "Who needs the oven when I could use my fire magic?" Lucy sweat dropped. "Let's... not."
Lucy turned on the oven and waited for it to warm up, before placing the tray of cookies in it.
"Now what?" "Now we wait."

. . .

Natsu opened the door to the house. "I'm home!" He sniffed the air and was struck in the house with a delicious fragrance.
"Daddy!" Nashi ran to her father, who hoisted her up, spun her around, then ended the greeting with a kiss to the cheek. Lucy entered the room and smiled at the site in front of her.
"Hello, you." Natsu put his daughter down and walked over to his wife, giving her a kiss on the lips and resting his forehead against her's. "I missed you." "You weren't gone that long." "Still."
"Daddy, look!"
Natsu looked at his daughter who was sitting at the dining table with a plate of cookies in front of her.

"What's this?", asked Natsu, who took a seat. "Cookies! They're for you!" Nashi took a cookie and shoved it in Natsu's mouth.
Lucy giggled. "Hmmm. These are good!", said Natsu. "Really? Let me try." Lucy took a cookie and ate it. "You know what, these are good." Lucy took another one, but was met with a kiss from her husband.
"Delicious."
"Mom! Dad! I'm eating here!", complained Nashi, making her parents laugh.