Your scars are beautiful (Dustbunny)

Quirkless AU

Rumi was having a problem. Her boyfriend, Tenko Shimura, was avoiding her. More specifically, he was keeping his distance from her. Whenever they would date, he'd stay slightly far from her. She was going to find out why.

Rumi invited Tenko on another date. Nothing too fancy. Just him going to her house and them hanging out.
The young man arrived at his girlfriend's apartment. She opened the door and greeted him with a passionate kiss.
"Come on in." The couple sat on the couch. "So, what are we gonna do?" "What do you mean? I told you what we're gonna do." "I know, it's just, what exactly do couples do when hanging out at one of their houses?"
Rumi then understood what he meant. "Well, we could watch a movie." "Okay. I guess that can work." "Great! I'll order us some pizza."
Rumi grinned to herself.
"When Tenko watches a movie, he gets so focused on it he doesn't know what goes on around him. This will give me a chance to get close to him, and maybe ease his fears."
While they waited for their pizza, the couple chose a movie to watch, which they would only watch after the pizza arrived.
There was a knock at the door. Rumi opened it to see a young man holding a pizza box. "Tenko! Pizza's here!" Rumi took the box of pizza and payed for it.

Tenko and Rumi sat and watched their movie of choice while enjoying their pizza.
Rumi watched as Tenko intently watched the film, like a child being fascinated by a cool toy.
She took this chance to moved closer to the young man, leaning her head to his shoulder.
Then she spotted something on his neck. They appeared to be scratch marks.
Tenko sensed how close Rumi was to him and stumbled off the couch. Silence hung between the two. Tenko looked down sadly. "Did you see them?" Rumi assumed he meant his scars, so she nodded. "Now you know."
Rumi picked up the remote and paused the movie, getting rid of any distractions. She patted the spot on the couch next to her, signaling her boyfriend to sit next to her. He did so.
"Have you avoided getting close to me just because of what's on your neck?" "It's not just there. It's... in other places too." Tenko wiped some of his hair up and showed more scars on his scalp. "I didn't want you to find out. See, I have this... problem. Every time I get anxious or nervous, I start scratching myself. I didn't want you to think I was a freak."
Rumi made a soft smile and kissed the scarred young man. He was shocked at first, but melted into it. After they stopped, they leaned their foreheads against each other.
"Tenko, don't think for one moment that you're a freak. So what if you scratch yourself constantly, it's who you are. That's why I fell in love you in the first place. You being yourself." Tenko smiled, and did something he has never done before. He pulled Rumi into a kiss.
Rumi was beyond shocked. "I've wanted to do that for so long", said Tenko. Rumi then made a seductive smile. "Anything else you want to do now that we can get... closer." Tenko was blushing madly. "What about the movie?"
"It was boring anyway."
Tenko looked at Rumi, then the TV, then back at Rumi.
"Ah, what the hell." He removed his shirt and passionately kissed Rumi.
And what ensued was a night of first time lovemaking.