I can't kill you (Zackray)

They've finally done it. Zack and Rachel have escaped that nightmare of a hospital.
The duo were currently running, far away so that the place that was their prison was out of their sights.
"We did it! We finally did it!" Exclaimed Zack.
Rachel just nodded with the same stoic expression. Zack noticed that the girl was staring at him.
"What? Is their something on my face?" Rachel didn't answer. Instead, she pointed at Zack's scythe. "My scythe? What's wrong with it?" "You made a promise." Zack looked at Rachel confused, before realizing what she meant. "You promised to kill me after we escaped."
Zack was speechless. Sure, he did promise to kill the girl before him, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. This was the first time he couldn't kill someone.
Why? Because he fell in love with her.
Rachel raised her head and closed her eyes. Zack raised his scythe, preparing to deliver the final blow. Rachel waited, but felt no strike against her. Instead, she heard metal thud against the ground. The blonde opened her eyes to see Zack kneeling on the ground, his scythe resting next to him.
"Zack?"
"I can't."
"Huh?"
"I can't do it. I'm sorry Ray. I can't kill you."
"But you promised." "I know I did." "Then why won't you kill me?" "Because I can't do it, okay?! I can't bring myself to kill someone I care about!"
Rachel was taken aback. "C-care?" Zack looked down. "Ray, I... I love you." Rachel's whole world froze. "I don't know when, but, I have started getting... feelings for you."
Rachel walked closer. "Go ahead. Reject me. After all, all I've ever done was annoy you." Zack then felt a gently hand on his cheek.
"You've never annoyed me. And you don't now." The bandaged man raised his head and saw Rachel smiling. He may enjoy killing people who smile, but Rachel's was the only one he would spare.
"And Zack." "Yeah?" Rachel placed her lips onto Zack's. "I love you too."