Claimed

Claimer OCS:

Don Swayze as Wade

Damon Runyon as Ulysses

Axel, Beth and Daryl's POV:

Axel sat on the floor of the kitchen of the house they had found and took a swig of the soda. "These are the things you don't know you are missing until they're gone."

Beth grinned. "I'm gonna leave a thank you note."

"Why?" Daryl asked.

"For when they come back, if they come back. Even if they're not coming back, I want to say thank you," Beth told them.

Axel smiled. "Never change, Beth. Your sweetness is what gives others hope," he said.

Daryl nodded. "Maybe you don't have to do that, maybe we stick around for a while. They come back, we make it work," he said. "They may be nuts, but maybe it'll be alright."

"So you do think they are still good people around?" Beth asked.

Axel laughed. "Well there's three good people right in this room," he said.

"So it's possible, more like us survived," Beth answered. "So what changed your mind?"

Daryl laughed a little. "You know," he said.

"What?" Beth questioned, as she looked at him. "Oh," she said.

Axel looks up as he hears a dog bark. "The dog's back," he told them as he stood up.

"I'm gonna give that mutt one more chance," Daryl said as he grabbed a pigfoot's and went to the door. He opened it slightly, before realizing his mistake. "Beth! Axel! Get your shit!" he yelled as he struggled to get the door closed.

"We're not leaving you," Beth told him.

"Pry open a window, go out the back, I'll pack a bag with some food, and we'll make it to you," Axel told her. "Go Beth," he told her as he opened up a bag and started putting food in it. "Daryl come on! We got to go!"

Daryl and Axel ran out of the kitchen and out the window and ran up the road to see a car with a cross on it pass them. "Beth!" Axel yelled out.

"They had to have taken her. Come on!" Daryl yelled as he took off the car. "Beth!" he yelled as he ran after the car with Axel.

Axel felt like they ran forever when he collapsed on the tracks. "Daryl, we got to stop."

Daryl huffed. "You want to stop, you stop. I'm finding Beth," he said. "I aint losin' another person."

"Daryl stop," Axel said as he got up off the tracks. "Listen to me," he said as he put his hands up to stop Daryl.

"You're kidding me right now, right?" Daryl asked as he looked at Axel.

"They are in a car, we are on foot. They can go faster then us, and unless the car runs out of gas, or a flat tire, or the battery dies, they are long gone. Now, I'm not saying we're giving up, or that we aren't going to look for her, because that's not what I'm saying," Axel told him.

"Then exactly what are you sayin? And, while you're sayin' it, would you remove your damn arms?" Daryl asked.

Axel gave a nervous laugh as he did so. "Sorry. We are going to look for her, just like we are looking for everyone else, but we can't do that if we drop dead from exhaustion. You know what I'm saying is true, even if you don't want to admit it. We can't keep up that pace. Beth wouldn't want us to die trying to find her," he pointed out as he dropped down beside him. "We got to be smart, we both told her to go, this is on both of us. She wouldn't want us to kill ourselves while looking for her, neither would Mar or Mitch or any of them," he said as he draped his arms over his legs. "We'll find them," he said softly as both him and Daryl sat in silence, both of them in there own world not hearing the footsteps.

"Well look it here," a man's voice said as he approached Daryl.

Axel looked up and took a breath as he counted the men. "This isn't good," he thought to himself. He quickly stood up with his rifle as Daryl punched the leader and knocked him down and Daryl stood with his bow.

"Damn it, hold up," the man on the ground said as the others held guns on them.

"I'm claiming the vest," another man said as a grin came on his face. "I like them wings."

"The little guy don't like much, so I'm claiming that rifle of his," a taller man said.

"Hold up," the man that Daryl punched said as he got up. "A bowman, I respect that," he said as he glanced at Axel. "Bet there's an interesting story how you two got to be out here alone, together. The two of you don't look like you'd be hanging out together, but I digress," he said. "See a man with a rifle, he could have been some kind of photographer, or soccer coach back in the day, But a bowman's a bowman, through and through. What you got there, 150 pound draw weight? I'll be donkey licked if that don't fire at least 300 feet per second. I've been looking for a weapon like that, of course, I'd want one with a bit more ammo and minus the oblongata stains," he said. "Looks like the two of you got yourselves into some trouble. You pull that trigger, either one of you and the boys are gonna drop you several times over."

"This one looks like he could take it, but the little guy he'd be down in a second," the same man from earlier had said.

"Shut up Wade," the leader told him. "Suicide is stupid. Why hurt yourself when you can hurt other people? Name's Joe," he introduced.

"Daryl. This is Axel," Daryl said as he looked at Axel.

"We don't need the little guy, he's nothing," the man named Wade said.

"He's shaking in his boots, could have some fun with him," a big man said.

"He's with me," Daryl said.

"A guy who sticks up for his friends, I like that. Nothing's gonna happen to the little fellow. Reminds me of my brother. I'm Ulysses," the man said.

That night:

Axel looked over at the men sleeping. "Daryl, we need to get away from these men as soon as we can. These are dangerous men," Axel told him.

Daryl shrugged. "Don't worry, nothing's gonna happen to you. Grew up with guys like this."

"I spent time with guys like this in prison. Remember Tomas? Remember how he was itchin just to kill Rick?" Axel questioned him.

"Yeah, I remember," Daryl answered.

"That one named Len, he's got the same look Tomas with Rick. He's gunning for you," Axel warned. "That big guy Dan? Seen men look at me like that in prison. These aren't like the people you grew up with, they're more dangerous. I may not know a whole lot about the outside world, but I know what men like that are capable of when there's no law and order. They are able to run wild. Imagine Merle and triple that. That's what these guys are, and the sooner we get away from them, the better," Axel warned.

Daryl looked at Axel. "I'll think about it, til then, stick close to me."

Author's Note: Please review! This chapter was a PIA to write! They're getting close!