Where Does Merle Fit In?

Rick and Jewel's POV:

Jewel leaned against the cell wall and watched him. "It wouldn't help any if I said that I don't want you to go to this meeting with the Governor would it?"

Rick looked at her. "It would make it harder to go," he answered truthfully as he kissed her.

 "It would make it harder to go," he answered truthfully as he kissed her

"Maybe that's why I'm not saying it," Jewel told him. "I know what kind of man you are Rick, it's part of what made me fall in love with you. But, a meeting with the devil himself? You know everything that comes out of his mouth is going to be a lie," she told him as she kissed him. "But I also know, you have to try. Because that's the man you are. You have to give him a chance, you have to look him in the eye. If you didn't you would be the same type of man he is, and that's just not Rick Grimes. At least, that's not the Rick Grimes that I'd be in love with."

Rick gave a small smile. "What did I ever do to deserve you?"

"Survived," Jewel simply answered. "You sure that Daryl and Hershel's going to be enough?"

"Three men a piece," Rick told her.

"You think he's going to keep to his word?" Jewel asked.

"Andrea set up this meeting, he'd be a fool not too. It gives you all a chance to prepare the prison from an attack," Rick told her as he kissed her. "I'll be back."

"Yeah, I'm counting on it. I'd feel better if you took Jes or Merle to shoot him in the back of the head," Jewel told him.

"The thought has crossed my mind," Rick assured her. "I love you Mrs. Grimes."

"Love you to Mr. Grimes," Jewel said as Daryl came to the door.

"We're ready when you are," Daryl told the other man.

"We're coming," Rick told him as they walked out.

"Mar give you a hard time about leaving?" Jewel asked Daryl.

"She doesn't like it, wanted to go with us," Daryl answered.

"Yeah guess you told her no," Jewel answered.

Daryl smirked. "Well I didn't tell her no."

Jewel rolled her eyes. "Go, just go, I really don't need that image of my big brother and best friend. Go, keep 'em safe," she told him as she hugged him as he got on the motorcycle.

"Keep 'em safe Hershel," Summer said as she hugged Rick.

"Plan on it," Hershel told her as he hugged Maggie and Beth.

"I got the gate!" Tyreese yelled as Daryl got the motorcycle and headed out.

Jewel took a breath as she turned around. "Come on we've got work to do!" she told the group.

Prison Group POV:

Jewel handed Mar a bunch of ammo. "You're worried," she simply said.

"Not any more then you are," Mar answered.