Have A Little Faith

Mitch, Glenn and Tara's POV:

Tara glanced over at Mitch who hadn't said a word in over an hour. "So how long have you known Glenn?"

"Since right after this started, we were at a quarry outside Atlanta," Mitch answered.

"Did your parents....you know...get bit?" Tara asked.

Mitch shrugged. "My mom died when I was three, my dad took off when all this happened, I just assume he's dead. Left my brother Luke and I alone, our half brother Kaden, packed us up took us with him. He got bit at the quarry. We were on a highway, big heard of walkers' came, we hid under cars. My brother got scared when they came close, he ran. Rick and Summer, they ran after him. Rick and Summer got him, but they had to distract the walkers' away from him. So they told him to stay put, but he must have gotten scared cause they didn't find him. Everyone told me that we'd find him, that they wouldn't give up. I kinda knew he was gone. Carl got shot, we wound up on Hershel's farm," he said as he glanced at her. "Everyone looked while Carl was recovering, especially Daryl. We found out Hershel was keeping walkers' in the barn. He thought that they were just sick. One of the group, wouldn't wait for Rick to handle it. He cut the lock off, all these walkers' came out..the last one was Luke."

"I'm sorry...." Tara said.

"They could have just left me, you know? I was the youngest, no family, no ties to anyone. All those months after the farm fell, they could have just left me, but they didn't. Daryl said once I was an honorary Dixon, and Dixon's don't abandon family. Glenn, Rick, Daryl and I we're the Atlanta boys. Glenn and I use it mostly. Rick and Daryl, they're out there, if anyone survived this, it's this group, this family. And this idiot," he said as he pointed to the drive, "just needs to stop."

"We passed the bus, you saw it," Tara told him.

"Yes, I know that they were dead, but not everyone was on that bus. Jewel, the pregnant woman, she's resourceful, and I sure the heck didn't see a pregnant dead walker. Trust me I looked. They were good men and women, everyone of them," Mitch said as he cast her another look.

"Look kiddo, I'm sorry, really am," Tara answered.

"It doesn't matter what you did then, it's what you do now, from this moment forward. You're a good person Tara, there's not many of us out there that are anymore, and those of us who are, well we got to stick together," Mitch told her.

Tara held her hand up for a fist bump. "Come on, you have to know what this is?"

Mitch arched an eyebrow as he raised his hand to give her a fist bump. "You're weird," he told her.

"Well I take that as a compliment coming from you kiddo," Tara said. "I really didn't know Brian was capable of something like that."

"We had our guard down, we were sick, we lost a lot of people. Jes and Michonne, they had to stop looking for him, we had to take guards off the watch tower. He would have never got close, we would have taken him out before any of this happened," Mitch informed her.

"We?" Tara asked.

Mitch looked at her. "We, all of us. We don't do things alone, that's why we are alive. We do things in a selfish manner, like the Governor, we end up dead. Joey and Rick saw something in you, that's why both of them tried to warn you," he said as he saw Glenn move. "Glenn! Hey come on, that's it."

Glenn tried to sit up. "Where are we?"

 "Where are we?"