You Can Trust Us

Author's Note: Yes, I should be doing Daryl, Beth and Axel but I just couldn't leave Jewel and Mika like that, could I? I mean I do have to get them into Terminus. As I mentioned, until I sat down to write the previous chapter, the OC was supposed to be Gareth's sister but the 'crazy bat' (I've been calling her that since this idea started brewing) changed my mind. See if you get the reference! I'll give the first person to guess a virtual cookie! And, someone please send the writers a baby name book with the letter M removed, now we got dang Mary and Martin. Other letter of the alphabet! In my defense, when I named Mar and Mitch, I didn't know how M heavy this dang show was! Reviews make me happy!

Clarisse "Clare": Lindsey Lohan

Grayson: Stephen McHattie

Jewel and Mika POV:

The man motioned to his walkie talkie. "Look, I know that you don't have any reason to trust me, but you and your daughter can't survive out here alone. You being in your condition, you heard the broadcast, that means that you wanted to find somewhere safe for you and your baby, your little girl. Just let me call a couple of my friends, they can come out here with a vehicle, get you off your feet," he said as he put down the gun. "See, I'm not gonna hurt you, just want to help you," he said as he took out the walkie talkie.

Jewel glanced around as she squeezed Mika's shoulder. "How do we know this isn't a trap?"

"You don't," the man answered honestly. "But, let me get a couple of my friends out here, you'll see we are just trying to help. I'm Martin," he introduced. "Hey Gareth, come in," he said in the walkie talkie.

Jewel watched the man as she leaned against a tree taking a breath as she moved Mika gently to stand to the side of her to block her right hand. She took her knife and put it behind her and started to dig into the bark of the tree as she kept an eye on the man.

"What is it Martin?" a man's voice came through the walkie talkie.

"I need a vehicle down at the North West entrance, about fifteen minutes out. Send Mary and Claire," the man named Martin instructed the voice.

"Mary? What's going on?" the other voice responded.

"Just trust me. Keep it small," Martin said as he ended the transmission. "See, I just want to help. You've arrived," he said as he put down the gun. "She your daughter?" the man asked.

"I didn't give birth to her, if that what you mean, but in this world, family is more then blood," Jewel told him.

"Not a lot of people would take a kid that isn't there own in a world like this," Martin told her.

Jewel watched him. "Then I don't want to be associated with those type of people," she simply said. "Sweetheart I'm craving peanut butter, in my bag."

Mika nodded and went to open the bag and gave Martin a smile and a shrug. "She's been craving peanut butter like crazy, we've got a stock. Do you want to check our bag?"

"Good girl," Jewel thought.

"No, it's alright. This your first baby?" Martin asked.

"No, I had a baby before," Jewel answered as she took out the peanut butter and dipped her finger in. She had placed her knife back in her waist band and smoothed the wood she had dug out of the tree and hoped one of her brothers saw it or Summer. Simple way of letting the other ones know which direction she went without anyone knowing.

"He or she dead?" Martin asked.

Jewel looked at him then at Mika. "We just got separated, that's all. I'm hoping she's with my husband."