Goodbye Shane

"The worst kinds of enemies are those who pretend to be your friends. Author Unknown."

Jewel looked over as Glenn kept laughing at Summer as they moved things into the car picked up. "Alright, what's so funny?" she asked.

"Nothin', not a darn thing," Summer said as she glared at him.

"It was kinda funny," Maggie agreed.

"No it wasn't, not at all!" Summer said as she got aggravated.

"Oh, this has to be good, what happened?" Carl asked.

Summer sighed. "Fine. We cleared out a garage, I found a box marked blankets....I yelled jackpot and opened the box and a kid walker popped out of the box."

"Walker in a box, get it?" Glenn asked laughing again.

Rick, Daryl and Carol all looked at her. "I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, Summer but it is kind of funny now," Carol said as she tried not to laugh.

"No, not in the least. Who the hell puts a walker in a box and covers it with blankets?" Summer asked.

"Summer Grace language," Jewel warned.

"Were you scared?" Mitch asked concerned.

Glenn grinned. "Oh she jumped back. Far. And then she became ramboina on it and made the world safe!"

"It is kind of funny," Carl answered.

"Mom! You are so not laughin' at me. My own mother?" Summer asked.

Jewel had buried her head in Rick's shoulder and was chuckling. "I'm...I'm sorry and I'm sure it was scary at the time, and I'm glad you're alright....but..."

"But the image of a walker jumping out of a box with blankets going everywhere, it's just funny," Daryl said as he kissed the top of her head. "We love you."

"Not feelin' it, really not feelin' it," Summer told them. "Come on Mitch, let's see what other stuff we can find. Sophia! Come help."

Maggie looked up. "Rick..." she said as she pointed to where a figure was coming out of the woods.

"Here it comes," Jewel said as she saw Shane.

"Rick! Rick!" Shane yelled as he ran up.

"What happened?" Rick asked as he went up to the other man.

"He's armed! He's got my gun!" Shane exclaimed.

"Are you okay?" Rick asked.

"I'm fine. Little bastard just snuck up on me," Shane told them. "He clocked me in the face," he explained.

Rick looked at Daryl and Jewel and gave a slight nod. "All right, Hershel, T-Dog, get everybody back in the house," Rick ordered. "Glenn, Daryl, come with us," he said.

"T, I'm gonna need that gun," Shane said.

"Just let him go," Lori said. That was the plan, wasn't it, to just let him go?"

"The plan was to cut him loose far away from here, not on our front step with a gun," Jewel said.

"Don't go out there," Lori begged.

"Ya'll know what can happen," Maggie said.

"Get everybody back in the house," Jewel told them.

"Lock all the doors and stay put!" Rick ordered.

" Let's go, back in the house," T Dog said.

Jewel turned around and bent down and put a knife in her boot then turned back to the group. "I'm going too, another set of eyes can't hurt," she said.