You're Killing Us

Jewel kissed the top of Summer's head. "You OK?"

Summer nodded as she glanced back at the tree where Jim was. "Mind if I ride in the RV? Now that...I mean..." she glanced back at the tree.

Jewel glanced at Daryl who only shrugged. "I'll ask Dale," she told her daughter as she walked over to the RV. "Dale you got room for one more?"

"Sure you abandoning Daryl and Summer?" he teased softly.

"More like Summer's abandonin' us," Jewel reported.

"Tell her to come on up, Shane handed the boys off to me," he reported. "Summer can help watch them," he told her.

"Thanks," Jewel responded as she walked back over to the truck. "Go on," she told Summer. "Listen to what Dale says and help with the boys," she told her as Summer grabbed her back out of the back of the truck.

Daryl got in the truck and waited for her to get in. "You don' think she's getting' to close to those two boys?"

Jewel sighed. "They just lost there older brother, they are alone. It gives Summer a purpose," she told her older brother. "You know the old sayin' it takes a village to raise a child," she told him as they started out again. "Don't start soundin' like Shane suggestin' we find somewhere to leave them. They are part of this group."

Daryl looked at her and shook her head. "You know Merle may be right when he said he wasn' sure if you were a Dixon, to soft," he teased.

"Right, well good for you that I am soft, it's saved your hide on more than one occasion," Jewel told him. "Do you think this is 'nother dead end?"

Daryl shrugged. "Not sure," he said.

Jewel laughed. "You know this is where you pat my knee and tell me it's going to be alright. Haven't I taught you anything' about bein' a big brother to a little sister in the 35 years I've been alive?" she teased as she hit his arm playfully.

Daryl raised an eyebrow. "Remind me 'gain who was holdin' your hand during 26 hours of labor, including' Christmas day?"

Jewel tried not to laugh. "I'm sorry, I don't really have any memory of who was in that room. I was a little busy," she retorted. "Seriously, I give birth once, and you stick by me and I never live it down."

Daryl rolled his eyes. "Traumatic experience that I'll never forget. You scarred me at 18," he teased back.

Jewel shook her head as she leaned back in the seat. "I'd do it all over again, if we could have the world back to normal," she told him as she felt the truck slow down. "My God..." she said as she they came into view of the CDC seeing dead bodies everywhere.

Daryl parked the truck and looked at her before the got out of the truck. "Jewel keep those boys close!" he yelled at his niece.

Summer nodded trying not to gag. "God, oh God," she mumbled.

Jacqui took a breath taking one of the boys hands from Summer making him keep his eyes closed. "Don't look baby," she told the child.

Jewel took a breath as she brought up her shirt around her nose. "God this reminds me of the shift I had to do in downtown morgue, third year of nursing' school."

"Come on," Daryl told her as they started walking.

Carl jumps as a former soldier, now a walker, comes toward him. Jewel pulled her gun just as Shane shot it.

"Stick together," Rick instructed the group.

Daryl looked at Rick. "You led us here. What the hell were you thinking?" he hissed.

Sweet Dreams #Wattys 2018On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara