We Bury Our Dead

Seven chapters and we finally get walkers! Bye bye Ed and Kaden (and the others). Once again reviews are loved! I am still blown away by reviews and the story being people favorites!

Lori and Shane are still going at it, since I think Lori thinks she needs a man. She reminds me a lot of a family member of mine whose been married seven times cause she can't live without a man. She thinks I'm insane because when I got a divorce, that was it!

Jewel glanced back at everyone eating the fish and talking as she stood up and looked down the road.

"I'm sure they'll be back soon," Lori told the other woman as she joined her.

"They should have been back already," Jewel told her. "You're thinking' it yourself," Jewel told her as she looked at the other woman.

"I'm sorry about what I said earlier...about Merle," Lori told her.

Jewel laughed. "No you're not Lori, and it's fine. I know what an ass he can be. I'm the first one to tell him or Daryl for that matter. Merle and I aren't 'actly what you call two peas in a pod. And I'm real sorry that your husband felt like he had to go back and rescue that selfish SOB," she told her.

 And I'm real sorry that your husband felt like he had to go back and rescue that selfish SOB," she told her

Lori forced herself to give a smile. "Rick and I...we aren't exactly together. I mean, before he was shot and everything' I had asked him to move out."

Jewel kept looking down the road, not reacting. She always disliked gossip, or chit chat, in high school or at the hospital. Not that she had much use for it in high school, she was usually the one they gossiped about in school, especially after she got pregnant at 15. "Well, maybe this is the push you need...." she told the woman.

"That's what I thought, but I think it's pretty well over," Lori told the other woman as she glanced over at Shane. "What you did today with Jim..."

Jewel raised her hand. "No need to thank me, I was just doing what I could do."

"I have to wonder exactly what he was digging," Lori said.

Jewel looked at her then at Summer. She knew exactly what he had been digging, she had figured it out as soon as she stepped into the first hole. Graves. She hadn't wanted to alarm anyone, and she prayed to God while she was digging them that they wouldn't be of any need. "Have no idea, but it made him feel better," she answered.

"Mom, there isn't going to be any fish left," Summer called out to her mother.

"I'll eat your helping'," Carl told his mother.

"I don't think so!" Lori told her son as she joined Shane and him.

"I'm sure they'll be fine mom," Summer told her mother as Jewel sat down.

"Yeah, I'm sure you're right," she told Summer as she kissed the top of her head.