One Dixon Short

Group POV:

Mar and Carol opened up the gate and let the car Rick was driving in. Rick got out of the car and helped Glenn out. "Oscar take him to Hershel, you two don't move," he told Jes and Michonne.

Mar looked at Rick. "Where's Daryl? Did he..." she asked hesitantly.

"Rick what happened?" Carol asked as she helped Maggie

"Daryl stayed with Merle," Rick answered.

"You just let him stay? You just let him walk away? How could you do that Rick?" Mar asked.

Rick took her shoulders. "Mar, I tried. We all tried. Believe me. But right now, I need you to go help Hershel with Maggie and Glenn. Do you understand Mariah?"

"Yes," she answered.

"Where's Summer, Carl, Judy and Mitch?" Rick asked.

"Judith's with Beth, Summer, Carl and Mitch are with Oscar, helping with fence duty," Mar told him.

Rick turned and looked at Jes. "You have proven yourself by bringing back my wife, and not leaving us for a personal agenda like she did," he said as he nodded toward Michonne. "So I'm going to ask you to go down and help with the walkers' at the gate. BUT let me make clear one thing, if anything happens to my children, I will rip you limb to limb. Do you understand me?"

"Yeah I understand," she said. "Do I get a gun?"

"I don't trust you that much," Rick hissed at her. "Use what's down by the gate," he told her.

"Mar, can you help Michonne? She needs to rest."

"Don't need your help, didn't ask for it," Michonne said.

"Well too bad, you got it," Rick told her.

Mar nodded. "I got her, go see Jewel. She needs to know about Daryl," she answered as she helped the woman.

Rick and Jewel's POV:

Jewel took a breath as she tried to get comfortable in the cot. She had tried sitting up and then laying down but neither worked, much to her chagrin neither worked. She heard Rick coming up the stairs and looked up as he moved the curtain. She knew by his face that something wasn't right. "Rick? Glenn? Maggie?"

 "Rick? Glenn? Maggie?"