Finding an Old Friend.

(This was started in 1014 when I first started watching walking dead)

Author's Note: I've had a lot of concern that this is going to turn into a Carol/Daryl pairing. When I started writing this, I had just started season 1 and I felt sorry for Carol and was playing the whole Carol flirtation thing with Daryl. I hadn't made a decision. But with the whole thing with Karen and David then the girls, I kinda lost interest in Carol. That's why I made her the way she was in the last chapter. Without the death of Sophia, she's not going to be the same person, well it may take her more. And, all I could think of when Daryl was with Beth was EEK, she's your nieces age! I planned on introducing a female OC who was a friend of Jewel's in Woodbury, but she's coming into play earlier. So this is going to add another chapter to the eight months on the run. She may or may not get with Daryl. Please don't hate me for you Carol and Daryl lovers! Some things just don't work in when I write that worked in my head. Trust me please!

OC's:

Mariah Jacobson-Keri Russell

Jane-Viola Davis

Jewel looked up from the computer at the clinic. "You must be Mariah, Jane said you were startin' today," she said as she stood up. "I'm Jewel Dixon."

Mariah smiled as she extended her hand. "Mariah Jacobson Everyone calls me Mar."

"Not from Georgia huh?" Jewel asked as she noticed the shorter woman's accent. "Let me show you where you can put your stuff"

Mariah laughed. "No, originally from Boston," she said as she followed Jewel. "Jane didn't tell you anything about me?"

"Thing you need to know about Jane is that she doesn't gossip. You tell what you want other people to know. Jane isn't goin to tell me anything 'bout you that you don't want me to know," Jewel said. "So this is your locker."

Mariah smiled as she opened the locker. "Alright, so I went through a very messy divorce, my ex is a doctor and he works at the hospital in Boston. I needed to get away, start my own life. I have a five year old son named Peter, I'll have him during the year, John will have him during the summer. I moved here two months ago, didn't have a job, didn't have an apartment. I literally just threw an arrow at a map, and got into my car. I literally got my nursing license from Atlanta a month ago and started applying everywhere. Jane called me last week, interviewed me and here I am."

Jewel leaned against the table and watched the woman. Mariah had long curly brown hair and stood at five foot five. "She probably had hired you in her mind before she even met you. She's a sucker for single parents," she told her as she opened up her own locker and showed her a picture of herself, Merle, Daryl and Summer. "That's my daughter Summer, she's 13. My brother's Merle and Daryl. I think that's the only picture I have of the four of us."