Bus Crash

Jewel and Mika's POV:

Glenn got to the steps of the bus and took a breath. "I'm going after Maggie."

Jewel looked at him. She knew there was no changing his mind, she wanted to find Rick, Summer, Carl, and Judy but she had the baby to think of. She nodded as she went over to him. "You better come back Glenn ," she warned him as she kissed his forehead. "Go find Maggie and Beth," she said as she went to the door of the bus and saw Mika looking back at the prison. "Glenn," she said as she directed his attention to Mika.

Glenn got off the bus. "Mika what are you doing out here? You should be on the bus! Where is Lizzie? Judith? Mitch? Molly? The other kids?"

Mika shook her head. "Lizzie said we should all fight, that we should have guns. I got scared, I'm not like her. I didn't see Mitch."

Glenn glanced at Jewel who was standing on the steps. "I'm going to give you a job, Mika. We all have jobs to do and I need you to do this job for me. I need you to get on the bus, I need you to watch out for Jewel and the baby. Can you do that for me Mika?"

Jewel smiled at the girl from the bus

Jewel smiled at the girl from the bus. "It's alright to be scared Mika. You don't have to be like Lizzie. Lizzie shouldn't be fighting, this is the adults job. Glenn's right, we all have jobs to do. I need you Mika, I need your smile and your laughter. Everyone on the bus does," she said.

Mika looked at her then at Glenn. "I'll take care of her," the young girl said as she got on the bus.

"Be safe!" Jewel yelled at Glenn as the door closed. She looked at the man who was in the drivers seat. "We'll wait until the last possible minute before we can," she told him as she sat down with Mika. Jewel took a breath as she looked out the window at what was going on.

"There's a tank!" the driver yelled. "We've got to go!"

Jewel looked out the window. Her children, her husband, her brothers, her family, they were all out there. Rick was probably already dead, killed by the Governor. She knew they had to leave, but that didn't mean she wanted to leave. She had to have hope that they would find each other, that all the family would somehow find each other. She squeezed Mika's hand and wiped her eyes. "Let's go!" Jewel ordered. "Come back to me Rick," she said to herself as she put her hand on the window.

Later that afternoon:

Jewel blinked several times trying to focus on Mika who was shaking her.

"Jewel! You got to wake up! The bus crashed! We got to get out of here!" the little girl said as her voice shook in fear.

Jewel blinked. "Bus crashed?" she asked. She remembered yelling at the driver that he was going to fast, to slow down but then suddenly the world went black. She blinked again as she looked around and tried to sit up. "Are you alright? The others? How long have we been here?" she said as she grasped the back of the seat to pull herself up.