Giving Merle a Chance

Glenn and Summer's POV:

Summer walked outside with bottled water. "Hershel wants everyone out here to stay hydrated," she said as she handed him the bottle.

Glenn took it. "You didn't want to be inside anymore huh? I know you don't mind being around Judy, it must be Merle."

Summer shrugged. "I'm sorry for what he did..." she said as she sat down.

"Summer, this wasn't your fault. You had nothing to do with it," Glenn told her as he sat down next to her.

"When this all started, back when we were at the quarry, I told Lori once that her feelings about Uncle Merle meant that she had the same about mom, Uncle Daryl and me. Because we were of the same blood line," Summer said.

"You know that's not true," Glenn told her.

"Yeah, I know. Uncle Merle is the black sheep," Summer told him. "But he is blood. I'm mad at him, but I think it's more disappointment then anything. You're my brother Glenn, my blood, more then Uncle Merle ever was."

Glenn grinned. "I thought we already decided you were my non Korean sister from another mother," he told her.

Summer laughed as she punched his arm.

"Ow," Glenn said.

"Sorry!" Summer told him.

"Do I have to go find a box and put a walker in it so you'll stop hitting Glenn?" Maggie teased as she came up.

"That's just wrong," Summer said with a laugh.

"Just some fun sibling teasing going on," Glenn said as he playfully hit her arm.

Maggie smiled. "Beth wanted to know if you could watch Judith for a little while so she can take a shower."

Summer smiled as she got up. "Of course," she said as she hugged Maggie. "See you later Korean brother from another mother," she teased Glenn.

Summer, Daryl and Merle's POV:

Summer held Judith as she fed her bottle and kissed her hand. "Yeah, daddy, big brother and momma will be back soon."

"You hope," Merle said as he walked into the common room with Daryl.

"Merle, shut it," Daryl warned. "How's Lil Asskicker doing?"

"Lady Bug is doing good," Summer answered.

"Used to call you Lady Bug, had this shirt with snaps on it first time I saw you, had little lady bugs on it," Merle told her.

"It's called a onsie, Merle," Daryl said. "Come on we got things to do," he told his brother.

"It's alright Uncle Daryl, got to speak to Uncle Merle sometime. Mind finishin' feeding Lady Bug here?" Summer asked.

 Mind finishin' feeding Lady Bug here?" Summer asked