Blended Family

Merle and Jes's POV:

Merle glanced at Jes in the car as he drove. "Why'd you cover for me?" he asked.

Jes arched an eyebrow. "Does it matter? Got you out of there for a couple days right? That's what you wanted?"

 "Does it matter? Got you out of there for a couple days right? That's what you wanted?"

Merle shrugged. "Yeah, but still doesn't explain why you did what you did. You didn't have to cover me. I was handelin' it," he told her.

Jes gave a small laugh. "Yeah, you were handling it, right into the guard tower for guard duty. You were getting antsy, starting to act like a caged animal."

"Hate to point this out sweetheart, but we do live in a prison," Merle reminded her.

Jes rolled her eyes at him. "Don't make me regret saving your ass back there Merle," she warned.

"Guess you've forgiven me for punchin' you?" Merle questioned. "Whiskey bottle in the glove box."

Jes grinned as she retrieved it. "Keeping the good shit for yourself, that's the Merle Dixon I know," she said as she opened it.

Merle smirked. "Not the Merle Dixon you love?" he teased.

Jes laughed. "I do not do love, Merle, neither do you. We do hot and needy sex in between the sheets to release tension. Don't think either one of us would know what love was if it came up and bit us in the asses," she said as she passed the bottle over to him.

"Hopin' for a little something' in the sack Jes? Been a while, huh?" Merle teased as he took a swig.

Jes sighed. "Oh yes, Merle, I couldn't stop but think I wanted nothing more than you ripping my clothes off in a cold ass cabin. That's the only damn reason that I interfered and told them that we were planning this," she answered sarcastically.

Merle handed her the bottle back. "Oh you know you miss old Merle."

Jes laughed. "Right and I miss being able to push Walkers' into pits, but that don't mean I'm going to go out and dig pits," she told him. "I could say that you miss me. I didn't hear you argue about me coming with you. You seemed to agree awful quick with me coming with you. Could say that you missed my Spanish temper," she teased as she handed him the bottle back.

Merle laughed. "Well no one says we can't just have a roll in the hay. Now that we're goin' to be alone for a couple days."

"That's so not gonna happen, Merle. There isn't enough whiskey in that bottle," Jes informed him.

 There isn't enough whiskey in that bottle," Jes informed him