What Are We Doing With Randall?

"If we can't live together, we'll die alone-Jack Sheppard Lost"

Jewel leaned against the wall of the room everyone was at her shoulder in a sling. "So what happened with Randall?"

"What do we do with him?" Andrea asked.

"I repaired his calf muscle as best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week," Herschel explained.

"When he is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, send him on his way," Rick told the group.

"Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea asked.

"He'll have a fighting chance," Rick insisted.

"Just gonna let him go?" Shane asked. "He knows where we are," he told them.

Jewel looked at him. "Do we look stupid Shane, blindfolded him," she told him.

"He's not a threat," Rick told them.

"Not a threat? How many of them were there? You killed three of their men, you took one of them hostage, - but they just ain't gonna come looking?" Shane asked.

"They left him for dead," Herschel told them.

"I can't believe that you brought him back here Rick. Endangering Lori, Carl, the baby and everyone else," Shane told them.

"Whoa, Shane, you want to blame someone? Blame me, I'm the one who said we don't leave behind the living, it's not who we are," Jewel told him. "

"Great, just wonderful, you takin' your orders from her now Rick?" Shane asked.

"We don't kill the living unless they are an immediate threat. We don't leave them behind," Rick told him.

"We can't be those kind of people," Glenn agreed.

"No one is looking," Jewel told them. "We killed living human beings because they were a threat. And Shane, I really don't give a flyin' fig about you, but I didn't want them around Maggie, Beth, Summer, Lori, Andrea, Carol, Sophia, Carl or Mitch, or anyone else. Bringin' that kid here was a decision all three of us made. And he's not in this house, he's away from us. Right now, he's recoverin' and he's locked up in the barn."

"We should still post a guard," T Dog said.

"He's out cold right now, will be for hours," Herschel told them.

"You know what? I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy," Shane scoffed at them. "Look at this folks, we are back in fantasy land."

Herschel walked over to him. "You know, we haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn yet. Let me make this perfectly clear, once and for all This is my farm. Now I wanted you gone. Rick talked me out of it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favor Keep your mouth shut," Herschel warned him.

Jewel and Daryl both exchanged smug looks at each other.

"We're not gonna do anything about it today. Let's just cool off," Rick told them.

"Herschel can I see Beth please?" Summer asked.

"Let me go check on her first, see how she's doin' then I'll come and get you if she's up for some company," Herschel told her. "Jewel how's the shoulder?"

"Good, us Dixon's know how to take care of wounds," Jewel assured him.

"Well you aren't sleeping in a tent with that arm, upstairs," Herschel told her.

"I'll get your stuff," Daryl said as he walked out.

Jewel nodded as she followed Lori outside. "Hey got a minute?"