Bad Decisions Continue

Continuation of Vet Group:

Jes looked up from the car as Daryl and Axel came out with a battery. "Find anything useful?"

"A whole shit load of batteries," Axel answered as he carried a couple out.

"Some distilled water and we'll be good to go," Daryl agreed.

Axel looked at her. "Do you know what you're doing under there?" he asked Jes.

Jes arched an eyebrow as she stood up. "Just because I've got breasts don't mean I don't know what I'm doing under a hood. I spent a lot of time in the motor pool over the years."

"Sorry, haven't seen a lot of women who know there ways around cars," Axel explained

"Merle had Summer hotwiring' a car before she was five," Daryl said as he went over to the engine.

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" Jes asked as she moved out of the way.

Daryl looked at Bob. "You know we all know a little bit about each other, but we don't know nothing' about the group you were in before."

"Which one?" Bob asked.

"Had more then one?" Axel asked.

"Two. When Daryl and Summer found me on that road, I almost kept walking," Bob told Daryl.

"Why's that?" Daryl asked.

"Cause I was done being witness. Two different times, two different groups. I was the last one standing. Like I was supposed to see it happen over and over, like it's some kind of curse. But when it's just you out there, alone and the quiet, used to be I would drink a bottle of anything, just so I could close my eyes at night. Figured the prison, the people, thought it'd be easier. The run to the Big Spot did it for me," Bob said.

"Being useful, helping out, that's what keeps you sane these days. That's why I offered to come out here, wanted to show that I was useful," Axel told him.

"Got to keep busy," Daryl added.

"No, I did it so I could get me a bottle, of anything. I picked it up, I held it in my hand, but I put it down. I put it down so damn hard, I brought the shelf down with me. That's what brought on the walkers, that's what got Zach killed," Bob told them.

"That's bullshit," Daryl told him.

"Did you plan to bring that shelf down?" Jes asked.

"Of course not, didn't mean to get anybody killed. Summer didn't buy my story, knew something was up," Bob said.

"Summer's the daughter of a recoverin' alcoholic, she knows the signs," Daryl said. "Get in there and try the engine. It's a red and green wire. Go on, it aint rocket science, give it some gas," he told the other man as Axel put the extra battery in the car. "Sasha and I picked that spot, cleared it out. Zach brought you with us. There aint no way anybody could have known. You aint gonna be standin' alone, not no more," he told him as the car revved up.