Goodbye Dale

Summer's POV:

Summer walked down to where Glenn was digging Dale's grave early the next morning. "Can I take over?" she asked quietly.

Glenn looked up at her. "It's alright Summer, I got it," he said.

Summer crossed her arms. "I need to do this Glenn. Hand me the shovel," she said.

Glenn hesitated before he handed her the shovel as he jumped out of the grave. "I'm only doin' this because I saw what you did with Shane yesterday, and you scare me," he teased her softly as he sat down.

"You don't have to stay," Summer told him.

"Yeah, I do," Glenn told her as he took the canteen and drank some.

Summer glanced over at him as she dug. "I'm not a kid Glenn."

Glenn shook his head. "I know you're not. Did you know I have...had sisters before all this?"

Summer didn't respond as she dug. She was like the rest of the Dixon's when it came to being in pain. She liked to pull away from people. Obviously, Glenn wasn't letting her do that. "Don't you need to go see Maggie?"

"Maggie's helping' Beth. So, see I had three sisters. One older, two younger. They were in Michigan...are in Michigan. I tried to call when all this was hitting the fan," Glenn explained. "Didn't get no answer. Tried a couple times, but then communications quit."

Summer glanced at him and leaned on the shovel. "Glenn is there a point?"

 "Glenn is there a point?"

Glenn looked at her. "The point is, they aren't here. You are. I look at you and I see my younger sister Kay, well she had dark hair and dark eyes, and couldn't sing and would have ran the other way before she got dirty, but besides that you two are exactly the same."

Summer chuckled. "Oh we sound like we could be twins."

Glenn laughed. "OK so maybe you aren't the same. But what I mean is, we're all family now. And, your mom isn't here, Daryl's with the little boy, and you want to hide. I get that, but in good conscious I can't leave you out here alone."

"You were out here alone," Summer pointed out.

"I'm not 15. And I saw what your mom did to Shane, I'm more scared of her then I am of you," Glenn told her. "You might not have ever wanted a Korean big brother, but congratulations, you have one."

Summer laughed. "Great, family reunions are gonna be a bitch. Good thing Uncle Merle's not around," she said as she jumped out. "It feels wrong to be laughing, with Dale...."

"He'd tell us it's us bein' alive," Glenn said as he hugged her.

"When are we gonna stop burying people? I'm tired of turnin' around and losing someone of my family," Summer said.

"Yeah so am I," Glenn told her as they turned there attention to the approaching car. "Head's up there back!" Glenn yelled as he stood up.

"About damn time," Shane mumbled.