Christmas Part 3

"Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is a quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses-Ann Landers"

Group POV:

Beth and Summer glanced up from the fire as Mariah played the piano "Come on Summer…sing for me," Jewel told the teen as she leaned against Rick as she watched everyone enjoying relaxing and opening gifts.

"You to Bethy," Hershel told him. "Maggie."

"I missed it the last time you sung Summer. Come on," Rick said.

"As long as it's not from the Sound of Music, I'm good," Daryl teased as he greased his new arrows.

"Come on, don't let me sit here with a perfectly good piano and no one to sing," Mariah told them.

"Can't you sing?" Lori asked.

"NO! I'll sing! We don't want to lose our hearing!" Summer said as she jumped up.

Mitch, Carl and Sophia all laughed. "That bad?" Sophia asked.

"Worse then bad," Daryl teased.

"Yeah….my voice would attract walkers," Mariah assured them.

"Hey! Don't mention the W word. Not today!" Glenn exclaimed.

Summer laughed as she sat down on the piano bench. "Jane's favorite?"

"Yeah, three of us in this room wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her," Mariah said as she started playing.

Summer smiled as she started. "Sleigh bells ring. Are you listening? In the lane, snow is glistening. A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland," she said.

"Gone away is the bluebird, here to stay is a new bird, he sings a love song as we go along walking in a winter wonderland," Beth sang.

Maggie smiled as she started to sing. "In the meadow we can build a snowman, then pretend that he is Parson Brown He'll say: Are you married? We'll say: No man But you can do the job when you're in town," she said as she leaned against Glenn.

"Later on, we'll conspire as we dream by the fire to face unafraid the plans that we've made walking in a winter wonderland," the three sung together. "In the meadow we can build a snowman and pretend that he's a circus clown. We'll have lots of fun with mister snowman until the alligators knock him down. When it snows ain't it thrilling though your nose gets a chilling we'll frolic and play the Eskimo way walking in a winter wonderland walking in a winter wonderland, walking in a winter wonderland," they finished.

"That was real good, Sophia and I can't sing either. But the three of you, you all were blessed," Carol said as she carried some food to them. "Dinner should be in a few hours."

Mariah couldn't help the glances that Carol was giving Jewel and the ring every time she entered the room. "I have an idea, why don't you kids get all bundled up and go have a snowball fight. You guys against the adults. Carol and I can handle things inside."

Summer grinned. "Oh we're so going to win this," she said as she stood up.

Daryl arched an eyebrow. "Unfair advantage there Mar, she's a pitcher!"

"Yeah I know," Mariah said with a grin.

"Lori and I can handle it," Carol told her.

"No Carol I'm helping. I insist," Mariah said as she stood up and gave Daryl a nod.

"Well if we're going outside, I guess Summer could use her birthday present today. What do you think Maggie?" Jewel asked.

"May be nice…and at least it'll stay clean for a bit without walker blood," Maggie answered.