The Matt Said Welcome

Jewel got out of the car and leaned against it as she took a breath.

"Carl, Michonne, give us a minute. Don't go far, we'll be right there," Rick said as he got out of the car and went over to the other side of the car. "You alright to do this? You can stay in the car, provide us back up if we get into trouble," he told her as he caressed her face.

"You know I'm not even going to justify that with an answer, Mr. Grimes," Jewel said as she kissed him. "Do me a favor, grab my bag, second pocket. I found it at the clinic...I was stupid to take it."

Rick looked at her as he got the bag out of the trunk and opened the pocket and found a small bottle of alcohol. "Were there anymore?"

Jewel shook her head. "If that's you're polite way of askin' me if I snuck a couple, the answer is no."

Rick threw it on the ground and went over and kissed her. "I love you Mrs. Grimes. You took it, I don't blame you, not after what just happened. But you didn't drink it, and you told me about it. That's all that matters, you know that right?"

Jewel nodded. "I know. Come on we need to get this show on the road. I'm not expecting the Governor to be polite to wait till we show back up," she said as she walked to the group. "You two have been here before, you lead the way," she told Carl and Rick. "Michonne and I got the back."

Rick nodded as he looked at Carl and went with him. "Stay alert."

"I'm sorry about you finding your friend like that...." Michonne told the other woman.

Jewel gave the other woman a tired look. "Thanks. I probably would have went bat shit crazy on you if you had used the sword on them. I would have apologized later," she told her.

Michonne nodded. "I wouldn't have blamed you."

Rick stopped at the police station. "We're here," he said as he looked back at the two women.

Jewel instantly recognized the look on his face. It was the look of being afraid what they were going to find when they went in. "Carl switch places with me, I'll go in with your dad first," she said as she switched places. "I'm right here."

Rick nodded as they went in, and looked around. "Someone cleared it out," he said as he opened the door.

Jewel opened lockers. "You can say that again, they didn't even leave a stray bullet."

"You got any other police stations in town?" Michonne asked.

"I was the police here. Me and a few other guys," he said as he looked at Jewel both knowing they were thinking about Shane. "It aint a big town," he said. "There's other places to check, may not have as many guns as we had in here but..."

"We need as many guns as you had in here, and ammo too," Michonne told him.

"Yeah we do, but right now I've only got a line on a couple, bars...liquor stores," Rick said as he cast a glance at Jewel.

"JC is really testing me today, it's alright Rick. I'll stay outside you go in," Jewel said as they walked out of the police station.

"I'll stay out with her dad," Carl offered.

Rick nodded. "Thanks Carl, I appreciate that."

"You got a problem with bars and liquor stores?" Michonne asked.

"Yeah they have alcohol in them," Jewel answered. "Normally wouldn't be a problem, but today, yeah, I'm tempted."

Rick cast a warning glance at Michonne before continuing on. "Owner's had a gun or two behind the counters that other people didn't know about. But I did, I signed the permits. They may still be there," Rick said. "You've got a problem with that approach?" he asked Michonne.