Glenn is In Charge

Author's Note: First, this chapter did not want to be written, in any way possible. I wanted to show conflict with the new group and old. I also wanted to show how much the old group (including Merle) care for each other. And I also wanted to have a moment for Glenn. SOOOOOOOOOOOO....I wrote some, came back to it, deleted it, came back to it, deleted it (See a pattern?) So let's try this way. Please review I'm begging because this was a pain in the toucas to write! I'm actually happy with this version!

Group POV:

Hershel sat down with Rick, Carl, Jewel, Maggie, Glenn, Beth, Mitch, Mar, Daryl, Summer and Carol at the table. "Do you think that they'll fit in well?"

"They seem like good people, had a hard time of it," Beth commented.

Mitch gave a small laugh. "Haven't we all Beth?"

"Maggie, Summer and I wouldn't have brought them in if we thought they were trouble," Glenn said.

"Except for the one that mistook my niece for a bear," Daryl said.

Summer rolled her eyes. "Well, I'm just not going around him when he's got a weapon."

"Summer, I swear if you weren't such a good hunter, we'd wrap you in bubble wrap and keep you in your room," Carl teased her.

"Now that isn't half bad of an idea," Rick said as Jewel took Judith.

"Could have happened to anyone," Maggie said.

"But it didn't, it happened to Summer," Carl teased back.

"Don't make take the hat," Summer warned him.

Hershel gave a small smile as he looked around the table. "This is what matters, right here, right now. We've made something that other people would kill for. If one good thing came out of the end of the world it's this. I've been blessed with friends that I wouldn't have known before this. Two marriages and a new life were created out of time of hardship. Life isn't easy, but right now, right here at this table, we can believe that life is worth living with the right people."

Glenn smiled. "Keep holding on for a little bit right? It may not always be this easy," he told them.

"But it is right now, and that's what matters. We've got to hold onto times like this, so when things go bad, we remember there is hope," Rick said as he touched Judy's face and kissed Jewel. "We remember what we're fighting for."

"A little bit sappy, Rick," Daryl told him.

Mar hit his knee. "Oh, it's cute," she told Daryl.

"Damn romance novel," Daryl huffed.

"Yes and we're part of it," Mar reminded him.

Carol and Jewel laughed. "She's got a point, big brother," Jewel said.

"Can't believe that the new group was holding out for the CDC, God that feels like so long ago," Carol said.

"In this day and time, it was so long ago," Summer said as she kissed the top of Mitch's head. "I know you're missing Luke, you ever want to talk, and we're all here."