Walker In A Box

This is a Summer centric just cause she isn't getting enough love! And of course Maggie and Glenn.

"Adolescents are not monsters. They are just people trying to learn how to make in among the adults of the world, who are probably not so sure of themselves. Virginia Satir."

Summer got out of the back seat of the car. "The house we hit was that one on the left. The one with gas cans. A few days ago it was clear of walkers."

"That was a few days ago," Glenn responded as he looked around.

"Let's hit that house first then a couple more," Maggie said.

"We need to look for a car," Summer said. "Something fuel efficient right? I can do it, see if it runs. I can drive, somewhat."

Maggie and Glenn looked at each other

Maggie and Glenn looked at each other. "We're not going to let you stay outside by yourself," Maggie said.

"Come on, if I break off away from the two of you, it'll make things faster. I'll keep an eye out and I promise to scream if Walkers come," Summer told them.

"How do we even know if we find a car if we can find the keys?" Maggie asked.

"Another reason I should do it, I can hot wire a car," Summer simply said.

"Do I even want to know?" Glenn asked.

"There are something's that a Dixon just learns how to do, hunt, skin and hot wire a car. Uncle Merle had me doin' it by the time I was six. He figured that they couldn't arrest a kid," Summer said with the Dixon grin.

"Oh he sounds like a real winner," Maggie said.

"Oh trust me, he was," Glenn answered sarcastically. "We got to make a decision, we can't be debating this all day."

"Decision's simple," Summer said as she started to walk away. "Easy peasey. Now go looking and start loading the car," she said as she started to walk away.

Glenn sighed as he glanced at Maggie and ran after her. "Stop. Ground rules. We are still the adults and we promised to look after you."

"I thought you guys were cool, I'm not a kid," Summer told them.

"Hey this has nothing' to do with being cool or not being cool. We all have to look out for each other Summer," Maggie said.

"You are right, the quickest thing to do is split up. But I'm not going to bury another person. Not going to happen. Maggie's going to stay with you. You aren't going to be able to concentrate on hotwiring a car and looking for walkers. I'm going into that house and start taking out the rest of the gas cans. Any of us get in trouble we call for each other. Got it?" Glenn asked.

"Got it," Summer said.

"Got it," Maggie agreed.

"If I move houses, I'll tell you. Don't go more then three houses down, you get a car running, you bring it next to this one. Then the three of us will clear the rest of the cars, got it?" Glenn asked again.