Carol Comes Home

Summer, Joey, Lizzie, Tyreese, and Molly's POV:

Summer grimaced as they walked. "I need to stop for a bit," she said as she leaned on a tree. "Hey ladybug, what's all that fussing about huh?" she asked as Ty held her.

"She's going to attract the walkers!" Molly said.

Joey glanced at Tyreese. "We got to get under cover," he said quietly to the other man. "Summer's hurting more then she's saying, the longer that bullet stays in, the better the chance of infection. And we don't have anything to fight an infection out here. And Judith's crying is going to attract walkers," he said softly.

"We may have to take the chance to get the bullet out here, wrap it the best we can," Tyreese responded. "We may have to have the girls stand guard," he added.

"You think they can handle it? Molly's scared of her shadow and Lizzie's just plane scary," Joey told him.

"We may not have much of a choice, we don't do it, the infection may kill Summer," Tyreese pointed out.

Molly ran up to them. "Tyreese they're coming! Do you hear that?"

Joey listened. "It sounds like people. May be more from the prison," he said as Lizzie helped Summer limp over to them.

"We got to go help them," Summer said.

"You can't help them, Summer, you've been shot," Molly said

"She's right. Tyreese and I'll go," Joey said as he took Judith from Tyreese. "Summer go back against that tree. Girls come here."

Tyreese nodded. "Molly where's your knife? I need you to put it in front of your shirt for easy access. Now the two of you are going to stay here and protect Summer and Judith. What do you do when you see a walker?"

"Run," both said.

Tyreese nodded. "Toward Joey and I," he said as he broke a thick branch and sat it beside Summer. "This will help you if you need to run."

"You alright to hold Judy?" Joey asked.

Summer nodded and took her as she took her knife in her other hand. "Girl power," she said as she adjusted Judy.

"Please don't leave us," Molly begged.

Lizzie looked at her. "We can do this, Molly."

Summer looked at Molly. "Hey Molly, look at me. You are stronger then you think and braver then you know. We're all alive right now because we are strong and brave, so we just have to watch out for each other until they get back. We are going to be fine. We work together, we protect each other. That's how it has to be these days."

"But I'm scared," Molly admitted.

"Mika got scared and she's not alive right now," Lizzie pointed out.