It's Going to Get Worse

Group POV:

Summer leaned against the wall. "It's spreading isn't it Hershel?" she asked.

Hershel nodded. "Five more people have came down with it since Sasha went in. We keep the sick people in A, like we tried with Karen and Ridge," he told them.

"What are we gonna do about that? I mean if someone killed them because they were sick, isn't it possible that all the sick people are in danger?" Joey asked.

"Rick's going to look into it, make a time line where everyone was," Hershel told the group.

"How are we going to stop this?" Jes asked as she looked at the group.

Summer sighed. "It's just like any cold or flu before the turn, you don't stop it, you go through it. Now the stakes are just higher and more dangerous," she answered.

"She's right," Hershel told them.

"But it kills you right?" Daryl asked.

"The illness doesn't, the symptoms do. We need antibiotics," Hershel told the group.

"We've been through every pharmacy nearby, and then some. The veterinary college at Westtree Tech, that's the one place people may not have thought to raid for medications," Daryl told them.

Hershel nodded. "The drugs for animals, there are the same we need," Hershel told them.

"That's miles away, do we have that kind of time?" Summer asked.

"We'll make the time. I'll take a group out," Daryl said. "You in?" he asked his niece.

Summer looked at him. "No, I'm helping dad with something. I promised, and Dixon's don't break promises."

"I'll go," Joey said as he gently nudged Summer's arm. "We save who we can today."

"Count me in," Jes said as she looked at Merle

"Count me in," Jes said as she looked at Merle. "You stay, help with the fences?"

"Yeah, I got it," Merle answered.

"You haven't been exposed, Jes, if you get in the car with Daryl," Hershel told her.

"Haven't caught anything from this one," Jes answered as she pointed at Merle, "so I'm not to worried about Daryl."

Summer rolled her eyes. "Eww," she said. "So Jes, Uncle Daryl and Joey? That doesn't seem like a lot," she pointed out.

"Who else do we have that's not sick?" Carol asked.

"You're going to need someone who needs to know medical terms. Mom can't go, Mar and Dr. S are both in quarantine, I know Mar's not sick but she's not going to want to leave Mitch. Ronnie is being the go between plus with Ridge," Summer said.

"Bob," Daryl answered.

"Shouldn't we be taking more precautions? Isolate the younger ones? And the older ones?" Carol asked.