It's A Field Trip

This is how I see Merle evolving if they hadn't killed him off. He can still be an ass, but people change. Review please.

Rick and Summer's POV:

Summer squeezed Joey's hand and kissed him before she wished him luck and walked over to where Rick was filling water buckets. "What?" she asked as she noticed him looking at her.

Rick shook his head and gave a small smile. "Shouldn't really be kissing with this flu going around. Actually, you shouldn't be kissing at all," he teased her.

Summer rolled her eyes. "Carl mad about going into quarantine?"

"Of course," Rick answered as he let his eyes follow Carol.

"Dad?" Summer questioned him.

"What?" Rick asked as he turned his attention back to Summer

"What?" Rick asked as he turned his attention back to Summer. "Your mom is hanging in there."

Summer nodded as she let her eyes go to where Rick had been looking. "Something up with Carol dad?"

"No, her and I are disagreeing about a couple things, nothing to be concerned about," Rick assured her. "So why aren't you going to the medical college? It's what you do," he asked.

Summer looked at him. "Dad, you're in an impossible situation here. Tyreese and Ronnie need answers to who did this. I'm not going to let you do it alone. That's not how we do things anymore. That's why a counsel was put together, so one person doesn't have to do it all alone. The counsel's a little busy, mom needs to stay away from us, Maggie is worried about Glenn, so guess what, you got me. And, you know us Dixon women, we are stubborn.

Rick nodded. "I forget that you aren't the same fifteen year old I met. Summer, I can't ask you to do something that I may do."

"You aren't asking, dad, I'm telling you that I am with you," she said as she glanced over to Carol. "Dad do you think Carol had something to do with this?"

Rick looked at her. "You and your mother scare me," he said.

"You do think Carol had something to do with this....but it's Carol," Summer told him.

"I don't have any proof yet. I don't want you to say anything to her or to anyone else. I was going to go down and see if I can find any clues or anything," Rick told her.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Summer asked.

Rick looked at her. "Summer," he started to say softly.

"No dad, don't Summer me! Whoever did this, we need to find them. Mitch is sick. Glenn, Sasha, Lizzie....Dr. S. They are sick with this thing, the flu, and we've got a murderer among us. I don't know if it's Carol, I don't know who it is, but as long as whoever is out there, everyone who is sick is in danger. What if mom gets this? Is someone going to decide that she needs to be burnt....and the baby. Judith? What if she gets sick? No dad, I need to find out who burnt two people and threw them out like trash. I need to look them in the eyes and ask them why," Summer told him.