Finding Reasons To Continue to Live

The Vet Group:

Joey kept checking the rounds in his gun from the back of the car. Axel glanced over his shoulder. "Why do you keep doing that?"

Jes gave a small laugh from the front seat of the car. "It's his nervous habit."

"I'm not nervous," Joey simply said.

"You're just away from your girl, young love," Bob teased.

Daryl shook his head. "Let's not talk about young love; especially one of the young people is my niece," Daryl huffed. "How about we not talk at all? Hand me those CD's from the glove box," he told Jes as he fiddled with the radio.

"Find sanctuary," A faint voice came from the radio.

"Was that a voice?" Bob asked.

"Hush," Jes barked.

"Determined to survive.....keep alive," the voice said again.

Axel looked out the window as he saw a group of walkers' coming at them. "Watch out!"

Daryl looked up from the radio and gripped the wheel as he turned the steering wheel hard. "Grab something!"

Jes grabbed the dashboard as Daryl came to a stop. "We're gonna have to make a run for it," she told them.

Daryl turned to the men in the back seat. "Joey, Bob, jump out the hatchback, Jes and l clear the middle, Axel you and Ty make a run through the gaps, make a run for the woods. Don't stop, do you hear me?" he asked.

"Yeah," Axel answered.

"You wanted to prove yourself; you're getting your chance. Let's go!" Jes said as she opened up her door, taking out the first two walkers' close to her with her machete. "Go let's go!"

"Move!" Daryl yelled.

"Ty come on!" Bob said as he shot at the walkers as he saw Ty staying in the car.

"Ty! Move it, come on man," Axel said as he used a tire iron on the walker.

Daryl turned. "Move it, go on," he said as he pulled Bob with him as they saw Tyreese being surrounded by walkers'.

The group turned and ran as Ty battled his way out of the walkers'. "Did he make it?" Axel questioned.

Jes watched the trees. "He was surrounded; it would take a damn miracle."

Joey gave a small grin as Tyreese came out of the trees. "Hope we got a few more miracles comin' our way," he told her.

"What the hell were you thinking? You got a death wish or something?" Jes asked the man as she came toward him.

"Jes back off," Daryl told her.

"No, not til he answers me. You came with us to help but first sign of trouble Tyreese you just sit there waiting to be eaten?" Jes yelled at him.

"Come on Jes we need to figure out where we are and find another car," Joey tried to reason with her.

"Answer me Tyreese, or we're gonna be standing here all day," Jes warned.

"Come on Ty, she can do this all day. We need to find a new car, get to that clinic, we got sick people waitin' for us," Joey told him.

"It doesn't matter, like you said, we've lost a whole night. My sister and everyone is probably dead," Tyreese answered.

 My sister and everyone is probably dead," Tyreese answered