Would You Stop Trying to Give Me Back to Lori?

Author's Note: I so want to get to the explosion of those walkers in the barn! Not long now! But Jewel's bugging me to write her and Lori talking. And this will work in with the 8 mths they are on the run before the prison. Did I mention this was going to be a long story? Review please.

Jewel followed Lori with her eyes and took a breath before she followed her. "You told him yet?" she asked.

Lori turned around. "Told who what?" she asked.

"You're pregnant Lori," Jewel responded calmly.

"Glenn can't keep his mouth shut," Lori hissed accusingly.

"Glenn? How? The run? You sent Glenn to get you a pregnancy test? Are you serious?" Jewel asked as she sat down in the chair. "No Glenn didn't tell me. When I said that Shane wasn't a parent, you had this look on your face for a split second. I have to ask..." she stated cautiously.

"It's not Rick, there's no way. We haven't been like that in over 7 months," Lori assured the other woman.

"You haven't told Shane yet," Jewel said.

"Do you blame me? You and Rick both think he's dangerous. You think he pushed Summer down the stairs," Lori told her.

"No, I don't think he pushed Summer down the stairs, I KNOW he pushed her down the stairs," Jewel told her. "I don't know what kind of man Shane was before this Lori, but now he's dangerous. But the fact is that you aren't gonna be able to keep this a secret forever. It effects all of us. It effects Carl," Jewel said.

"I know," Lori told her.

Jewel nodded. "Look Lori, I haven't crossed the point with Rick that I can't step back yet," she told the other woman.

 "Look Lori, I haven't crossed the point with Rick that I can't step back yet," she told the other woman

Lori looked at Jewel. "What?"

"If there's a chance, if you want him back, you need to tell me before I cross that line, before I get in to deep. Before it gets in to deep between us, before we bring Carl and Summer into it. All you need to do is say the word," Jewel told the other woman.

Lori blinked and squeezed her hand. "Jewel, I don't....I mean we haven't worked in a very long time. You know I knew there was always a chance if Rick and I divorced, well back before all this, that he would start dating. I always imagined that I would hate her, find some reason to hate that person. You could try to be an ass like Merle just for a bit so I could hate you."

Jewel laughed. "Only people I'm an ass to is Merle and people who threaten my child. You aren't alone in this Lori, you've got a whole group of people who will help you."

"Did you ever...I mean when you were pregnant with Summer...think about getting an abortion?" Lori asked.

Jewel looked at her. "No, I'm not one who believes in that type of thing, even at 15. Lori, is there something' else you need to get off your chest?"