At The Mercy Of The Governor

Warning: Governor is being a pervert.

The Governor knocked on Merle's door. "Merle, need to talk to you, out here now," he told the man.

Merle took a breath as he stood up and looked at Jewel before going out. "Governor," he greeted the man.

"Martinez told me you brought people back, three. Two you had him put down in holding, the other one you brought up here. He thinks it's your sister," the Governor told him.

"She's my sister," Merle answered.

"Did she tell you anything about this group she is in? Where they are hiding at?" the man asked.

"No Governor, Jewel and I haven't always had the best relationship. She'll talk eventually, I am her brother," Merle assured him.

"Why don't you let me talk with her? It's been a long time since you've seen her, lots of things happened

"Why don't you let me talk with her? It's been a long time since you've seen her, lots of things happened. You go downstairs, get what you can out of the man. Any way you can, you understand?" the Governor asked.

"I understand. Chinaman and I have a debt to settle anyway," Merle said as he glanced at his hand.

"What happened with Michonne?" the man asked him.

Merle shook his head. "We were ambushed, she killed them all. Tim, Crowley, and the other one," he reported.

"Garguillo," the Governor supplied. "Jesus."

"Yeah she cut Tim down, put the sword right through him. Then the biters' got in the middle of it, then I got her," Merle told him.

"Damn, well we'll dress it up. Give them a hero's funeral. You tell a story. A supply run gone bad. Do you have 'em? Her head? The sword?" the Governor asked.

Merle shook his head. "Got caught in crowd. The kid had the head, Crowly had the sword. They both got all tore up," he reported. "Listen Governor, I know I broke protocol bringing her up here..."

"But she's your family, I get it. Go take care of the two downstairs, I'll talk to Jewel. Make her feel welcome," the Governor told him as he watched him walk away. He walked into the room. "Jewel, you're brother's told me all about you but he never told me how beautiful you were."

Jewel turned and looked at him. "Where is my dear brother?"

"He's taking care of something for me. I'm the Governor, and you're at Woodbury. It always warms my heart when family is united," he told her. "I know you and Merle always haven't had the best of relationships, hopefully you can repair that."

Jewel looked at him. He made her skin crawl. "He shot at me, he's holding members of my family, I think that ship has sailed, Governor..." she told him.

The man smiled. "Well you know Merle, he's a little rough around the edges, but he's a good man. Dependable."

"Maybe for you," Jewel told him.