Pudding Caper

Carl and Lexi POV:

Lexi came down the stairs and went and checked on Rick. "Carl?" she called out and looked around. "Carl?" Lexi took a breath as she grabbed weapons off the table and went out the back door. She heard moaning and gun shots and ran toward them. She saw Carl pushing three walkers' off him. "I win. Cool," he said as he threw up.

Lexi blinked and shook her head. "Carl! What the hell?"

Carl stood up. "I heard them at the door. Dad was unconscious and you were upstairs, finally getting' some rest."

"So instead of calling up the stairs 'hey Lexi, there's walkers' at the door, can you come help?' You thought it would be good for you to come out here alone and risk your life? What the hell were you thinking?" Lexi asked as she pushed him. "You could have been killed! Is that what you are trying to do Carl?"

"I'm trying to keep us alive! Dad isn't able to do it! I did what I had to do. Just like I did when I shot that kid in the woods at the prison. Dad met with the Governor and he let him live, he could have ended this," Carl told her as he walked away.

Lexi shook her head. "Where are you going? The house is back this way!"

"I'm going to look for food," he simply said as he continued to walk.

"I'm going with you," Lexi told him.

"I don't need your help. I don't need anybody's help," Carl told her as he walked away.

Lexi grabbed his arm. "To bad! You've got my help weather you like it or not! You think I am doing this for you Carl? No I'm doing this for your dad, for Jewel, for Summer, for Judith....I know you don't think they are alive, but I do. Just like I know Sasha and Ty are alive. I don't want to tell your dad when he wakes up that you got yourself killed because you wanted to do it yourself, and that I didn't go with you. I would have to look at his face, I would have to look at Jewel and his face everyday, knowing that I could have tried to help you. They would look at me and I would be guilty every freaking day because I was still here and you weren't. So, no Carl Grimes, I'm doing this for your family, for me. If you don't care about yourself, then you need someone who does care," she said as she walked away without looking over her shoulder.

A few hours later:

Carl opened up a pantry door and looked up. "Hey Lexi, come here," he said.

Lexi came into the kitchen. "Now you need me?" she asked as she looked down and noticed he was missing a shoe. "What happened to your shoe?"

"Walker got it. Look," Carl told her as he pointed into the pantry.

"Didn't we just talk about this like an hour or so ago?" Lexi asked as she turned around to go out of the kitchen.

"Just look," Carl said as he grabbed her arm.

Lexi rolled her eyes and looked up. "Whoa...that's a whole lot of chocolate pudding. Find something to climb up with, I'll find spoons!"

Carl pushed a chair over to the pantry and climbed up and grabbed the pudding. "Here," he said as he handed it to her. "Come on," he motioned to her follow him outside. He climbed up a ladder to the overhang and grabbed the pudding from her as she climbed up. "So am I forgiven?" he asked as he opened the pudding.

Lexi sat down beside him and dug her spoon in. "Nope, but I'll temporarily suspend being angry while I'm helping you devour this pudding," she said as she glanced back at the window and the walker that was reaching out. "That the one who grabbed your shoe?"

"Yeah," Carl answered as he dug his spoon in the pudding.

"What are we going to do about it?" Lexi asked.

Carl shrugged. "Just leave him."

"He's got your shoe," Lexi reminded him.

"But he didn't get me," Carl answered with a smirk. "Wrote that on the door too."

Lexi rolled her eyes. "Of course you did," she answered.

"I don't mean to piss you off," Carl told her.

"I know you don't. I think it's just a guy thing," Lexi responded.

Carl looked at her as he held his spoon in midair. "Did you really just say it's a guy thing?"

Lexi laughed. "Alright, maybe it's not a guy thing, maybe it's just a Carl thing. You aren't going to stop doing idiotic things anymore then I am going to stop following you when you do it. I'm your friend, and that's what friends do. I know you're going to go back to the house and yell at your dad, that's how you get things out of your system. Can't stop you from doing that either," she said as she grabbed another spoon of pudding. "Just don't let me be in the room. I'll go upstairs....you know so I don't hear you."

Carl looked at her. "You're scary at times you know? I mean how do you know me so well?"

"You're my friend, Carl," Lexi answered.

"I'm your friend too. If you weren't, I sure wouldn't be sharing my pudding with you," Carl teased.

Lexi laughed. "If I found out you didn't share your pudding with me, we'd have serious problems," she warned with a grin.

Mar and Michone POV:

Mar bent down and touched the tracks. "They went this way. Rick was definitely struggling."

"Him and the Governor gave it to each other pretty good. Governor looked like he had the upper hand, til I shoved my sword in the Governor's middle. Made sure I didn't kill him though, man like that needs to suffer. He needs to turn become one of them," Michonne answered.

"I didn't know Andrea, but from hearing about her from Jewel and everyone, she seemed like she was a good person. I know the two of you were close," Mar told her.

"Not as close as we could have been. I didn't open myself up to her, was closed off. Rick, Carl, Jewel, Summer, Judy and you all brought me back," Michonne said.

"You brought baby food, you came and told us that members of our family was in trouble. You earned your spot from that moment on," Mar told her. "You don't blame yourself for what happened, it's not your fault. You tried, Jes tried," she told her. "You're a lot like Daryl in that way, blaming yourself for things that you don't have any control of. We'll find another place."

"You sound sure of that," Michonne told her.

"I'll be sounding like Daryl when I say this, but I gotto be. You know what being out here does to a person. We found the prison, it took a while, but we did it," Mar told her. "You ever feel like slipping back, to what you felt like when you came back to the prison, you come talk to me. I'll remind you what being part of a family is," she said as she playfully hit the other woman's arm. "I do it to Daryl all the time," she teased.

Michonne laughed as they walked into a housing area. "Think they ended up here," she stated.

Mar nodded. "One of these houses," she said. "Let's go find them," she said as they walked.