Pushed To The Brink

So because Summer and Joey are there, things have changed. I debated if Summer and Joey were going to leave before Molly and Lizzie are gonner's but decided that was an important part of the story, and they needed to be part of. Review please.

Summer, Tyreese, Carol, Molly, Joey and Lizzie's POV:

Summer sat at the table and glanced over at Molly and Lizzie then she looked at Carol and Ty. "We'll be heading out tomorrow afternoon."

"Figured I'd help you guys hunt for a deer in the morning, maybe get a deer," Joey answered.

Lizzie looked at them. "Why do you have to go?"

Summer exchanged glances with the adults. "Because we need to find the rest of the family. Don't you wonder about Mika? Don't you want to find her?" she asked.

"She didn't make it," Lizzie answered.

Molly looked at them. "She thinks she's one of them."

"The walkers?" Joey asked.

"She got to come back, just like your mom," Lizzie told her.

Joey squeezed Summer's hand as he glanced at Tyreese. "We don't know if they're dead Lizzie, got to know for sure. Carol and I, we are going to stay here with you girls, Summer and Joey are going to check out Terminus."

"Do you think it's safe?" Molly asked.

Summer shrugged. "Don't know if it's safe or not, but that's why Carol and Ty are going to stay here with the three of you."

"If we don't here anything in two days, some sign, we'll go after them," Carol assured them.

"We need to do everything we can to find them, so we know for sure. Right Lizzie?" Tyreese asked.

Lizzie nodded. "We've got to know for sure."

Carol gave a small smile. "Summer you need to rest if you are bound and determined to leave tomorrow. Let's go make some cookies, we've got plenty of pecans," she told the girls.

Both Molly and Lizzie grinned. "Can't believe we can make cookies," Molly said as she ran out to the kitchen.

"I'll take watch tonight, you need to rest," Ty told Joey.

Joey nodded. "Thanks," he said as he helped Summer up.

The next day:

Summer kissed the top of Judith's head as she laid down with her. "Come on Judy, you had your bottle and a diaper change, and even a bit of pecan paste, so time for a nap. Do that for me? We'll take a nice little nap, while Ty, Joey and Carol are out hunting for that deer. Lizzie and Molly are out in the living room, so it's just the two of us. You miss mom too huh? Carl? Beth? Dad? Bet you miss that beard rubbing against your head huh? Mom hates that beard, you've never seen him with out it, probably wouldn't know him with it," she told her as she kissed the top of her head. "Hershel he didn't have a beard when we first met him, when Lori was carrying you...both of them were great people. I promised Lori that I would take care of you and Carl...that I would watch over both of you. We've lost a lot of great people, ladybug, they didn't deserve it. None of us deserve it. But, I can't watch you grow up and not be able to tell you what happened to dad, or mom, or Uncle Daryl or Uncle Merle, Beth, Maggie, Mar or any of them. I have to know....for myself, for you. You'll be safe, baby sister. I hope that Terminus is this Sanctuary, that we can be safe....that everything is just peachy, but the unknown, that's the scary part you know? You can't trust people, they always want something, always expect something, nobody does anything out of the kindness of there hearts anymore. To survive in this world, you have to find people with a bit of humanity, the people that hold on to that, they are the good people. We are those people," she told her as she touched her face. "You'll be safe Lil Asskicker," she whispered to the sleeping child. "Don't tell Uncle Daryl I called you that alright? He'd never let me live it down," she said softly as she let herself fall asleep with Judy.

Summer rolled over about a half an hour later, reaching for Judith and sat straight up in bed. "Judy?" she called as she got out of bed. "Molly? Lizzie?" she called out as a panic started to get a feeling in the pit of her stomach. Jane called it intuition, that something wasn't the way it was supposed to be. "Judy!" she called as she ran out of the porch and stopped at the sight of the bloody knife in Lizzie's hand, her face going white as she saw Molly laying on her back. "Lizzie what the hell did you do?" she asked as she kept an eye on Judith.

Lizzie turned and looked at her. "I had to show all of you that we get to come back. I didn't hurt Molly's brain, she'll come back."

Summer kept one eye on Judith and the other on Lizzie

Summer kept one eye on Judith and the other on Lizzie. "Lizzie, you've seen what happens when people die, they don't come back as the person they were. They don't think, they don't know you, they don't have feelings. The only thing that they know is that you are food. It's not safe for Judith to be near Molly...let me get her," she told the younger girl.

"I was going to do Judith next," Lizzie told her.

"She's just a baby, Lizzie. She can't even crawl yet, let alone walk....which really makes the name walker a bit mute, doesn't it?" Summer asked as she managed to get next to Judith and picked her up. "It's OK, ladybug," she said as she kissed the top of Judith's head.

"But you can," Lizzie said as she lifted the knife over her head.

"Lizzie!" Summer yelled as she grabbed the younger girls wrist putting down Judith. "Lizzie, don't make me do this," she begged the younger girl as the knife came close to her neck. Summer quickly over powered the girl and took the knife out of her hand, and without hesitating put the knife through the girls skull. "I tried to understand you, Lizzie. I tried to convince myself that you would come to understand what they were," she said as she let the tears fall cradling the young girls body. "I could forgive you for killing the mice, and feeding the walkers. We managed, even with the fence coming down, we managed. But you...killed Molly, you were going to kill Judy," she said. "I couldn't let you...be that close to Judy again. No one was safe around you....not Carol, not Ty, not Joey....and Molly....it's my fault that she's dead, I shouldn't have left her alone with you," she said as she let the tears fall.

it's my fault that she's dead, I shouldn't have left her alone with you," she said as she let the tears fall

"Summer?" Joey asked from behind her.

TBC

Author's Note: I so debated if Carol was still going to do this, but Summer swore to protect Judith, and I see something breaking in her when Judy was threatened. It also puts Carol and Summer on equal footing, since they both did things to protect there family. Carol still has lost three 'daughters'. Please review