This May Be Love

"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to Hell, the people who stand by you without flinching they are family-Jim Butcher"

Jewel came into the house and closed the door as she put down her purse on the entry way table.

"Off work at 4, date at 5 and home by 6, that's a record even for you," Jane said as she patted the couch. "Sit," the older woman instructed.

"Where's Summer?" Jewel asked as she sat down.

"Eatin' dinner with the Hayden's," she instructed. "So, what it was it this time? He was to tall? To clean shaven? Not the right color shirt?"

Jewel rolled her eyes. "I'm not that bad," she insisted.

"Just scared of any type of relationship," Jane told her.

"Says the woman who isn't married," Jewel told her.

"I was married twice, divorced twice, but I still tried," the older woman told her. "I'm proud of you for how far you came since you walked into that AA meeting. I understan' you wanting to protect your daughter from getting' hurt, but what about you? She's 8 now, you blink and she'll be 16 goin' to the prom, then 18 and off to college. Where does that leave you? Alone," Jane told her as she patted her leg. "Not every man is like your daddy, or your brother Merle or the man who raped you. Not every man is a fun filled lollipop triple dipped in psycho," Jane told her.

Jewel laughed. "I seem to attract those kind," she answered.

"Lately you haven't given anyone the chance because you are afraid of lowerin' your guard. One day, when you are least expectin' it, some guy is goin' to catch you off guard. Maybe it's the smile or the eyes, or the way he makes you feel when you hear that voice of his. Safe, nervous, confident all in one full sweep. You're gonna get butterflies in your stomach the way he looks at you, and weak in the knees when he touches your hand, and woah baby when he kisses you, all you're going to think about is how close you can get to him. Knowin' you, you are goin' to try to make every excuse in the book when it happens, and when it does, and believe me it will, I'm gonna be laughing at you," she warned.

"I bet there's gonna be an I told you so in there too," Jewel said with a shake of her head.

"You better believe it. And if he hates Merle from the first time he sees him, then you know I'm gonna love him," Jane teased.

Nighttime on the road:

Jewel turned as she heard a noise as she drew her gun

Jewel turned as she heard a noise as she drew her gun. "If you're human, you better identify yourself," she told the person.

"Now this is a change, a Dixon holding a gun on me and not the other way around," Rick teased.

Jewel shook her head as she lowered the gun. "Sneakin' around in the dark, serves you right," she told him.

"How's Summer?" Rick questioned.