Seriously You Shot My Brother?

Review please

Jewel's POV:

Jewel smiled as she walked over to Mitch where he was hanging out with Carol and Sophia.

"How's Summer? We heard about last night," the older woman asked.

"She's restin today, told her I was goin' to tie her to the bed if she tries to get up. I'm gonna go take her to sit with Carl for a bit today," Jewel answered. "Beth is helping her 'shop' out of her closet. Maggie said she was going to go to the attic to see if she could find some winter clothes for Carl, Sophia and Mitch."

"That'll be good," Carol said.

"Can we go see her?" Sophia asked.

"I'll see how her and Carl are feelin', then I'll come tell you, how's that?" Jewel asked.

Sophia smiled. "If you need anything, or Summer gets bored, I'll stay with her," she offered.

"Thank you Sophia," Jewel responded as Sophia ran off. "She's a good kid, Carol."

"Yes she is, we both got lucky in the kid department, didn't we?" Carol asked.

"Yeah we did. Hey Mitch come over here for a second?" Jewel asked as she sat down at the picnic table. "You know Daryl and I went out lookin' for Luke yesterday right?"

Mitch nodded. "You didn't find him...that's bad right?"

"No baby we didn't find him, but we did find a little cabin with a pantry in it. Someone stayed there, someone very short, no bigger then your brother. So we're hopin' that narrows the trail some," she assured him. "We found this, it's a Cherokee Rose," she told the boy as she handed him the flower.

"What's that?" the boy asked curiously.

Jewel smiled. "The story is that when American soldiers were moving Indians off their land on the trail of tears the Cherokee mothers were grieving and crying so much 'cause they were losing their little ones along the way from exposure and disease and starvation.
A lot of them just disappeared. So the elders, they said a prayer; asked for a sign to uplift the mothers' spirits, give them strength and hope. The next day this rose started to grow right where the mothers' tears fell. I'm not fool enough to think there's any flowers blooming for my brother, but I think this one bloomed for your brother. Maybe you can ask Carol or Dale for some water for it and put it in the RV," she suggested as the child ran off.

 Maybe you can ask Carol or Dale for some water for it and put it in the RV," she suggested as the child ran off

"How did you know that story?" Carol asked.

"When my mom died, I was 5. It hit me the hardest, Merle was already on his way out of the house, Daryl was used to caring for both of us," Jewel explained. "I cried for days, on the way to school, at school, on the way home from school, in the woods. A few weeks later, Merle took us on a camping trip, and we found a bush of them. Daryl told me the story," she said as she stood up. "Just thought it may help him. He keeping' his spirits up?"