I See a Sign

Author's Note: The other characters are fussing at me, so I guess I need to show what is going on with one of them before they start rioting in my head. I'm pretty sure that isn't a good thing, so I'd rather not try it out. I had a reviewer say that there were minor problems with people not saying the right things, and having the wrong actions. I appreciate every little help I can get. It makes me a better writer. I am reading scripts off line (without who says what and who does what) and I have to go by memory of who said it and who didn't. Plus I have so many OC'S (which I didn't plan on they just keep talking and showing up) that sometimes it does change things. Please review it helps a lot.

Rick and Mar's POV:

Mar felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up as she heard the door open. She glanced at the watch she had on and knew it wasn't Michonne, Carl, or Lexi yet. She took a breath as she grabbed her bag that was hanging over the chair and ran to the room where Rick was. "Rick, we've got company," she whispered as she went over to the bed.

Rick's eyes immediately snapped opened as he heard voices and then looked at her. He reached for the watch that was on the nightstand and rolled over to the other side of the bed. "Get under there. Don't move," he told her.

"Rick..." Mar whispered as she heard the voices get closer.

"Do it," Rick whispered.

"Ya all stay down there," a mans voice said.

Mar took a breath and slipped under the bed and took a breath as she watched Rick's feet. She saw him go to the door then back over as he grabbed the book on the bed and slid under the bed. Mar turned sideways so he could fit better. She watched him turn his head and go to slide back from under the bed to get something but moved back under as they saw a man walk past the door.

Rick mouthed 'It'll be alright," to her as he grabbed the water bottle and went back under the bed. He could feel her shaking next to him, more then he was. They both watched as a man entered the bedroom and took a look around the room. He stopped several times in front of the bed and kept moving around. Rick grabbed Carol's watch out of his pocket and looked at hit. He shared a meaningful look with Mar who clasped her hand over his hand to make it stop shaking, of course it didn't help. Rick took a breath as the man laid down on the bed and both him and Mar seemed to sink into the floor.

Mar glanced up at the bed frame as the man made himself comfortable and watched as Rick started to slide from underneath the bed. She grabbed him back quickly as another man started to approach.

"Comfy?" the second man asked as he entered the room.

"You waking me up to see if I'm comfortable?" the man on the bed asked.

Mar bit her lip to keep from letting a whimper out. She felt Rick give her hand a squeeze in support.

"I want to lay down," the second man told the first.

"There's two other bedrooms up here to choose," the first man said.

"Them's kids beds. I want this one," the man who was standing said.

"It's claimed," the man on the bed said.

"I didn't hear it," the other man said. "You're going to have to lay claim somewhere else," he said.

Mar glanced up as the bed popped up in original form as the man got up and both started to fight. Both her and Rick moved there heads to search for a way out. She practically jumped when the man who had been laying on the bed fell on the floor. Both her and Rick met the mans eyes when he looked over at them.

 Both her and Rick met the mans eyes when he looked over at them