He Killed That Kid

Author's Note: There are some chapters that I have had bits and pieces planned out for a while, this is one of them. Of course, when I started to write it, it didn't exactly work out as I planned. Originally, the kid that Carl shot was going to be Joey, but in my head Summer couldn't stop Carl fast enough. So, the kid that was shot is still shot, but Joey was with him. Confused? Yeah me too! Darn characters! Review please.

Woods:

Summer held her gun up and listened at the gun fire from the prison. She gave a small supportive smile to Lexi as Beth held Judy.

"You think they're alright?" Lexi asked.

"They're strong," Summer responded. "And that's what we need to be, strong," she responded. "That's what they expect from us."

"We've all got jobs to do, right Daddy?" Beth asked.

Hershel nodded. "That's right Bethy," he answered.

Axel looked over at Mitch. "You got a grip on that gun better then I do. You're pretty good."

"Got to be," Mitch answered. "Carol said my job was to help protect you since you aren't a good shot," he told the man with a mustache.

"She did huh, that was nice of her. And it was nice of you to tell her you'd help protect me," Axel told him.

Carl looked back at them. "Can you two please be quiet?"

"Carl, there's no harm in them talking," Summer told him. "Just take it easy."

Lexi turned her head. "Did you hear that?" she asked.

Summer held up her hand for everyone to be quiet and motioned them to get down

"Where are we going to go?" a young teen asked as he ran.

"Anywhere but back to Woodbury," another male voice said.

"We aren't going to survive by ourselves, my Uncle is back at the prison with the Governor," the first male said.

"If you want to go back, Jody be my guest, but, " the 2nd voice said as they turned to see Carl stepping out with his gun.

"Don't shoot!" the first teen said.