Admitting that I Love You

"Most important thought, if you love someone, tell him or her for you never know what tomorrow may have in store-Walter Payton"

Jewel's POV:

Jewel walked out to the car where Rick was putting supplies in. "I still think Daryl or I should go with you and Shane. The two of you together isn't making me very comfortable."

Rick smiled as he kissed her. "Don't worry, this is something I need to do with Shane. Maybe when I come back you'll tell me where Maggie and Glenn's spot is," he teased.

"If you come back," Jewel told him as she cast a glance at Shane. "He threatened your life, you do remember that don't you?" she asked as she leaned back on the trunk of the car.

"That's one of the reason's I'm doing this. He needs to be set straight," Rick told her.

"About what Rick?" Jewel asked. "You know what...." she said as she started to pull away.

"Hey, what were you going to say?" Rick asked as he stopped her.

Jewel nodded to his tent. "I'm not going to cause a scene out here," she said as she walked to his tent.

Rick followed her.

"Rick are we doing this or not?" Shane called after him.

"In a minute, Shane," Rick said as he went into his tent. "What don't I know?"

Jewel sighed. "You don't get to make me fall in love with you and then go do something as stupid as this, when you know the man wants what you have."

Rick looked at her. "What did you just say?"

Jewel stepped closer to him. "I love you. This is me caring, this is me wondering why I was so stupid to open my heart at the end of the world."

Rick kissed her as he took her face in his hands. "I love you. I am going to come back. Shane needs to understand that I am going to fight for what's mine. You, Carl, Summer, and if he puts Lori in danger, yes I'll fight for her too. He is done putting people I care about in danger. People I love," he told her as he kissed her again.

"So you are puttin' yourself in danger? Let me go with you, let Daryl go with you, don't go with him alone," Jewel begged

Rick kissed her. "I am coming' back," he assured her. "I have to do this, alone with Shane," he told her.

"Don't you dare make me regret loving you, Rick. Cause if he kills you, I'm going to find your walker ass and stab you several times and cuss you out," Jewel warned him.

Rick laughed. "Very romantic of you," he said as he kissed her.

"Rick, come on, you want to do this or not?" Shane yelled.

"You have permission to abandon him with Randal. We can manage helping Lori and the baby," Jewel said as she kissed him and walked out of the tent.