Mother Bear Temper

Jewel is losing the Dixon temper here! And, everyone (but Rick and the kids) are getting her wrath. Even big brother. Review please.

Jewel glanced over at Rick who was patrolling the area again. Summer curled up in the blanket by the fire with Mitch on her lap who was asleep.

"You going to go talk with him?" Summer asked.

"He needs some time," Jewel said.

"Or are you letting' him pull away so you have an excuse?" Summer asked quietly.

"Summer, that's not what I'm doin'. I swear to you," Jewel told her daughter.

"Alright, but I'm watchin' you," Summer warned.

"Oh you are, are you?" Jewel asked as she kissed the top of her head. "I'm proud of you kiddo," she told her daughter as she looked around the group.

Carol was sitting around the fire by Daryl. "We're not safe with him. Keeping something like that from us. Why do you need him? He's just gonna pull you down," she told him.

 Why do you need him? He's just gonna pull you down," she told him

"No, Rick's done all right by me," Daryl told her. "Jewel knew too."

"She only kept it from you because he asked her too. You're his henchman and I'm a burden, Sophia and Mitch too. You deserve better," Carol told him.

Daryl poked at the fire. "You don't know my sister if you think she'd keep anything from anyone just because they asked. What do you want?" he asked.

"A man of honor," Carol told him.

"Rick has honor," Daryl told her.

"I think we should take our chances. Take Mitch and Sophia, maybe Summer too," Carol said.

Jewel stood up and walked over. "You want to take your chances Carol? You want to take Sophia out there?" she asked as she threw her keys at her. "Go right ahead, but don't even think about suggesting taking Summer and Mitch. This goes for all of you, mostly for the Atlanta group. First person you look to is Rick, I don't hear any of you comin' up with any suggestions, or putting up ideas. But you sure do blame Rick for the first thing that goes wrong! The CDC? Who got the blame for that but we all agreed to it? Daryl you were the first one to point the finger. And Lori, do you have an original thought in your head? First it was let's do what Shane says, then as soon as Rick comes back, it's let's do what he says. Have you put out one suggestion? No. Hell, the only reason Daryl, Summer, Merle and me was let in this group was we could hunt, otherwise Shane would have thrown us all out on our collective asses. But you know what? We'd still be alive, and most of you would be walker bait. The only ones who would have half of a chance to be alive was Glenn and T. We've suffered our losses, every single one of us. Merle, Jaqui, Patricia, Otis, Jimmy, Andrea, Dale, Jim, Ed, Kaden, Luke, Amy, and even Shane. Yes, I killed Shane, I killed Rick's best friend. I'm going to have to live with that every single day of my life...but it was either him or Rick. He led us out there....to kill us. I went out there knowing what he was up too. The Atlanta group elected me as second, I didn't want it, I don't want it, but you know what YOU all agreed to it. Maggie, Herschel and Beth, you didn't have a say and that's not right. Right now though, if any of you want to go, there's the damn road, Carol has my keys, you take what's in the car. I'm going to take a walk around the perimeter, and when I get back, if you want to be gone, I expect you to be gone, if you're still here, then I don't want to hear another word about it," she said as she grabbed her gun.

Summer glanced at Daryl. "Well, congratulations Carol, you just brought out the sleeping bear known as "Mom's temper." We try to feed her to be quiet," Summer said as she rocked Mitch.

Daryl glanced around. "Anyone going? Cause she's dead serious," he warned them.

Rick's POV:

Rick watched as Jewel walked around the perimeter two times, and he couldn't help but notice that she stayed away from him. He walked up to her the third time. "You know how you told me I couldn't pull away, same goes for you."

Jewel glared at him as she continued walking. "I'm not pulling away, I'm pissed. Two different things."

Rick matched her step. "Actually no they aren't. You pull away when you get angry, it's a Dixon trait. I've noticed it. You get mad and you lash out. I get mad and I pull away. Neither one of us can do that, not if we want to make this work," he said as he pulled her to a stop. "Look at me."

Jewel looked at him. "Rick...."

"Don't...I don't blame you for Shane. It was either me or him, and I would have done it to save you, save myself," Rick said as he kissed her.

"Lori blames me," Jewel said quietly. "She's alone....pregnant....I know what that is like. The only difference is we're in the middle of the end of the world."

Rick kissed her. "Hey...what happened to we'll be there for Lori together?"

"Shane was around?" Jewel asked.

Rick touched her face. "Remember what I told you when you were still fighting this? That I wouldn't have started this if I didn't mean it?"

"Yeah...." Jewel answered.

"I wouldn't have. Yes Shane's dead, yes Lori's pregnant, but the only thing that changes is that we're all there for the baby," Rick said as he kissed her. "So you think any of them are going to leave?"

Jewel smirked. "You heard that huh?"

"I think the walkers' in the next county heard that," Rick told her as he kissed her.

"Let me guess? Turned you on huh?" Jewel asked with a laugh.

"Yeah," Rick admitted. "Sorry, you look so sweet and innocent, soft spoken, helpful, but then you get all rialed up and this whole new person comes out. She's kind of scary and sexy," he told her as he kissed her.

Jewel laughed. "Well we may be in tight quarters' for a while, so just remember my big brother is around," she said as she touched his face. "Hey....I need to ask you something."

"What? You know you can ask me anything," Rick told her.

"Today...running from the farm. If anything happens to Daryl or me....I need to know you'll take care of Summer. I just got to hear it Rick," Jewel pleaded.

"You know I would. I will. It goes without saying," Rick told her as he kissed her. "Just like you would with Carl, just like we are doing with Mitch. She'd be my daughter."

Jewel nodded as she kissed him. "Thank you....we should get back..."

"Or we could let them stew," Rick said as he kissed her again.

And that ends Season 2. Next few chapters will be not in our regularly scheduled program as we are going to do a few chapters while they are on the run and a couple Merle centric chapters to introduce some OC's (One whose staying one whose going byby real quick) and show him when he gets to Woodburry. And I get to play with the governor! Yeah....I think I'd like to kill him but...that's no fun.