Fawning Over Baby Judith

As I said when I started this, the third season is going to have the most changes because Rick has Jewel and he's not going crazy! Please review!

Group POV:

Mar watched Hershel bandage the teen age girls knee. "Need anything Hershel?" she asked.

"No, I think we're good, aren't we Lexi?" Hershel asked with a smile.

Mitch smiled at the girl. "You're not cryin' that's a good thing!"

Lexi smiled. "Yes, thank you," she said as she nodded her head, her unruly hair going everywhere.

"We're real grateful for your help, it's really bad out there," Sasha said as Carl returned with Rick and Jewel.

"Dad this is Tyreese, Sasha and Lexi Williams," Summer introduced.

"I'm Rick Grimes, this is my wife Jewel Dixon and you met Carl," he said as he sat down. "Where are you guys coming from?"

"We were in Woodbury, just for a week, got warned away from there by a young man, said the man you call the governor wasn't to be trusted. The rest of our group stayed," Tyreese told them.

"Sounds like you got warned away at the right time," Jewel said as she sat down. "What happened here?" she asked Lexi.

"Tripped over the barb wire," Lexi answered.

"Hmm sounds like another teenager I know who has two left feet," Jewel teased Summer.

"We should warn you that we've got trouble coming in the way of the Governor. He did that to my wife," Rick nodded to Jewel. "We stormed Woodbury because they were holding my family. The only reason I'm considering letting you stay is because of Lexi. I wouldn't turn anyone away with a child not in this world."

"I'm thirteen!" Lexi corrected him.

Carl and Summer both gave faint smiles. "Yeah she's thirteen dad, get it right!" Summer said.

Rick chuckled. "I'm sorry Lexi, a young teenage child. Just like Carl, he's thirteen also."

"You're the first decent people we've met in all this time," Tyreese told them.

"We try to be, but we protect what is ours," Mar said.

"We rely on each other, we only survive because we trust each other," Summer told them.

"We've lost some good people along the way," Jewel told them as she kissed Rick's shoulder.

"We just want to know if the time comes, if you are with us," Carl finished for them.

"We're hard workers, we will help you with this, if this is our home too," Tyreese told them.

"Have you been out there all this time?" Mar asked.

"We're originally from Jacksonville. Our dad was a cop, died a couple years back, and mom got cancer, Tyreese and me moved back to the house we grew up with to help with her and Lexi here," Sasha said.

"Mom died about a month before this broke out," Lexi added.

"I'm sorry about your loss, just lost my mother a couple weeks ago," Carl said to the teen.

"Our neighbor Jerry he was a survivalist nuts, always preparing for the end of the world," Tyreese said

"Our neighbor Jerry he was a survivalist nuts, always preparing for the end of the world," Tyreese said. "Everybody on our block thought he was nuts."

"Who knew that he was the smartest person around?" Hershel commented.

"Jerry knew," Tyreese answered. "He had a bunker under his shed in the back yard," he said as Beth came in with a baby.

"Can you hold her Summer? I want to fix her a bottle," Beth said as she looked at the newcomers.

"Come here lady bug," Summer said as she took her. "Hi."

"How old is she?" Sasha asked as she moved over to see her.

"Just shy of couple weeks," Rick answered.

"To be honest we never thought we'd see another baby again. She's beautiful. How are you feeling?" Sasha asked Beth.

"Oh, she's not mine," Beth answered.

Rick took her from Summer. "She's my ex wife's baby. She died giving birth, Jewel and I are raising her as our own with the help of everyone. She's Summer's and Carl's baby sister. Isn't that right Judy?"

Summer gave a small smile. "No one gets to do it alone anymore."

"You all been through the ringer haven't you?" Tyreese asked.

"Haven't we all?" Hershel asked.

"So how did you manage to get to Georgia from Jacksonville?" Mar asked.

"We stayed in Jerry's bunker for weeks, til the supplies ran out," Lexi said.

"Then we crawled out and met some people. Our friends who stayed in Woodbury, Allen and Ben they were the first people we met," Tyreese answered.

"Why did they stay?" Mitch asked.

"They felt safe....they didn't believe any harm would come to them," Tyreese answered.

"About six or seven weeks ago, the camp we had made it got over run with walkers. Lost about fifteen people, it was the biggest loss we've had," Sasha said.

"It's getting worse out there," Lexi told them.

"We never thought we'd run into good people. This has brought out the crazy in everybody," Tyreese told them.

"We've noticed," Rick said as he rubbed Jewel's good hand. "We had trouble with someone in our group at the beginning, he had been my best friend for years. He changed, he got violent, he pushed my daughter down the stairs. He tried to kill me, if Jewel hadn't killed him I wouldn't be here right now."

"How do you all manage? Keeping your sanity?" Sasha asked.

Summer glanced at her. "We don't always keep our sanity. The good thing is most of us been together since the beginning. Hershel and his girls took us in on there farm. They lost good people. We were on the run for months before we found this place. I'll be the first to admit that I've broken down....that I've seen people that aren't there. But we always are looking out for each other. And any of us will do anything to protect anyone in our family."

Mar nodded. "I was with a bad group before this....I got lucky that they found me. I had been a nurse with Jewel at a clinic. They took me in."

"We try to do the right thing, keeping our humanity but protecting our own. I don't want to be the type of person like the Governor, that rule with an iron hand. That's not who I am, not who we are. This is home, we're a family," Jewel said.

"Dad's in charge, but we all make suggestions, we all help each other, we'd kill for each other," Carl added.

"We're repeating ourselves, I'm sorry about that," Rick told them as he fed Judith her bottle.

"You're just making it clear to us what we are getting ourselves in. We can appreciate that. I want to keep my sisters' safe, and if it means helping you, we will," Tyreese told him.

"Can't promise guaranteed safety," Hershel told them.

"No one can, but it's safer then it is out there," Lexi answered.

"What we can promise is a shower and a hot meal," Beth added. "If you're part of the family," Beth said as she looked at Rick.

Rick nodded. "I have to say this, if you put anyone of my family in danger, I will not hesitate to end you."

"I can say the same to you about endangering my family," Sasha told him.

"Maybe one day we can count each other as family," Tyreese told him.

"I'd like that," Jewel said with a smile. "Welcome."