Rescue

Jewel POV:

Jewel grimaced as Hershel pulled the bandages tight around her ribs. "Hershel...I'm sorry, I would have never left them..."

Hershel patted her good hand. "No one blames you Jewel, especially me. They'll go and bring them back. That I am sure of. I am also sure that you wouldn't have survived if this woman had not brought you in."

Mar smiled

Mar smiled. "Can't let you out of our sight for a minute without you getting into trouble. Swear it must be a Dixon thing."

Summer stood and watched her. "Is she going to be alright Hershel?" the teen asked.

"I'll be fine," Jewel answered for him.

Summer gave her mother the Dixon glare. "I asked Hershel mom," she said softly.

Mar and Hershel laughed. "She will be. Her hand's got a small break at the knuckles. Should heal pretty good if she'll keep it immobilized. It's not like we have anything to make a cast for it."

"We make do with what we have, and as long as we're still kickin' at the end of it, that's what's matters," Jewel told Hershel as she squeezed his hand.

"Her ribs?" Carl asked as Rick came in.

"Going to have to keep them binded for a while. No he woman for a while," Mar told Carl.

"I'm going to do what I have to do, aint gonna let a little injury hold me down," Jewel told them as she met Rick's eyes.

"Handcuff's might," Rick informed the group as he walked in.

"And on that cue, we'll give you some privacy," Mar said as she stood up.

"Dad, really?" Summer said as she shook her head as they all left the room.

"Hey...." Jewel told him as he came over.

"Do you know how scared I was, Mrs. Grimes?" Rick asked as he kissed her.

Jewel gave a small smile. "You're not getting' rid of me that easily, Mr. Grimes," she said as she kissed him. "You have to go get Maggie and Glenn....the man who calls himself the Governor....he's the type of man who'll get a person to drink the Koolaid and just...watch. Merle...he went to see Glenn...I'm afraid that he's going to do something because of Atlanta."

Rick touched her face. "We're going to go get them," he assured her. "Jewel, I have to ask, I need to know," he said as he held there faces together.

Jewel shook her head. "He tried...he made me get on my knees, he told me I knew what I was supposed to do.....I bit him. Hard. I knew I was going to die one way or another...might as well go down fighting. I wouldn't have left Maggie and Glenn...." she said as she kissed him.

Rick rubbed her face keeping himself calm. "You didn't have much choice in the matter. I'm glad that this woman brought you back. I'm glad she took the risk. I will kill him," he told her as he kissed her.