Loyalties Tested

Rick and Daryl's POV:

Jes tapped her finger on her leg. "Hate to interrupt this mediation you all got goin' on but what kind of weapons do you have?"

Rick glanced back at her. "Don't really feel like we need to tell you what type of weapons we have."

Jes snorted. "No, why in the world would you want to tell the Army LT. what type of weapons you have? I mean considering I'm putting my ass on the line taking you back in there, you could be a little bit more friendly. If he sees me, he's going to shoot me on sight, not to mention take my head as a trophy. So, really think I kind of deserve to know what weapons we got so I come out of here with my hide, don't you?"

 So, really think I kind of deserve to know what weapons we got so I come out of here with my hide, don't you?"

Michonne glared at her. "I could just kill you now, and be done with it."

Oscar glanced between the two women. "Oh this is going to be fun," he said.

Rick glanced at Daryl. "We're the one's putting our life in you hand," he told Jes.

"You know I always gave you the benefit of the doubt when Merle would talk about you handcuffing him to a damn roof. Figured he was hot headed with out the drugs, he'd be ten times worse on them. But, now I'm thinking he has a right to hold a damn grudge. Let me say this one more time. I killed someone I knew before this outbreak, someone who at one time meant something to me. I left a young man who is like a son to me inside. I did this to get your wife back to you, your sister back to you," Jes told Daryl and Rick. "Don't trust me, I really could care less if I become your bestie and stay up all night smoking cigarettes. And you," she said to Michonne, "big quiet warrior woman, thinks you are so tough with that sword. Managed to live so long on your own. We're the same."

"We are not the same," Michonne hissed.

"We both hate the Governor, we both took a chance to do what's right," Jes told her. She looked back at Oscar. "Don't know your story, but I'm sure I'll find something to pick on you about later," Jes told him. "We're going to have to walk, they have patrols, better off on foot in the dark. Plus I got some weapons hid," she told them. "Weapons I'm willing to share, unlike some people I know," she said as she glanced at Rick.

Rick glanced at her. "Thank you for risking your life for Jewel....you didn't know her, you could have left her there."

Jes shrugged. "I'm not that type of person. I couldn't help everyone," she said as she nodded to Michonne. "I knew you'd figure a way out, and I'm sorry that you got shot," she told the other woman. "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for everything. In another life, the Governor could be a cult leader. One of the ones that you'd turn on the TV and here about people following him to there deaths. David Koresh? Jim Jones? Yeah, the Governor can sweet talk most people into following them. It's a little bit easier when the world is going to hell, and people are just trying to stay safe."

"How does my brother fit into this?" Daryl asked.

"Your brother? Your brother shot me?" Michonne hissed.