I Hear Nebraska Is Pretty Nice.

Summer and Daryl's POV:

Daryl glanced over at his niece after they had moved campsites and moved over to her. "He asleep?"

Summer nodded as she wiped her eyes

Summer nodded as she wiped her eyes. "I promised him....I promised that we'd find him, that he would be alive. I broke my word," she told him.

"Summer, this isn't your fault, a'right?" Daryl asked as he wrapped his arm around her.

"Dixon's don't break promises, even Uncle Merle said that. When your break your word, you break who you are," Summer told him.

Daryl sighed. "Why can't you be like every other teen and not listen to what we say?" he told her. "I was out there lookin' for him, Sum...I feel like I let that kid down. But right now, he isn't the kid I'm worried bout."

"I'm not a kid, Uncle Daryl," Summer protested.

Daryl sighed as he kissed the top of her head. "No you aren't," he told her. "There's something' about bein' a Dixon female and 15. Your mother had you and you...."

"The dead come back to livin' and want to eat me? Yeah I'd think I'd want a kid before that," Summer answered honestly.

Daryl had to laugh as he kissed the top of her head. "Yeah I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'd chose that too."

"Is it bad that right now I was thinking' how hard being a teen was back in the real world? How I'd give anything' to be arguing' with mom how I NEEDED a cell phone? Or thinking' Joey London turned into a hunk?" Summer admitted.

Daryl arched an eyebrow. "The same Joey London you punched when you were six?"

"Yeah...that one," Summer admitted as a blush came onto her face.

that one," Summer admitted as a blush came onto her face

Daryl kept a straight face as he looked at her. "Good thing I didn't know that, or I would have punched him myself."

Summer had to give a small smile. "Doesn't matter now, he's probably dead...or one of those things."

"Sum...it isn't wrong that you want those things," Daryl told her. "Hell, I want those thing's for you. Merle and I always teased that we'd be standin' on the front porch of Jane's house with a shotgun when a boy came to take you to your first dance."