Old Conversations Revisited

Group POV:

Beth and Summer sat on a table in the cafeteria while eating dinner. Beth started singing, with Summer soon joining her. "They hung a sign up in our town. If you live it up, you won't live it down . So she left Monte Rio, son. Just like a bullet leaves a gun. With charcoal eyes and Monroe hips. She went and took the California trip. Well, the moon was gold and her hair like wind. Said don't look back now. Just come on, Jim. You got to hold on. Hold on. You got to hold on. Take my hand, I'm standing right here. You got to hold on. Take my hand, I'm standing right here. You got to hold on. Well he gave her a dime store watch, and a ring made from a spoon. Everyone's looking for someone to blame. If you share my bed you share my name," they both continued.

Jewel sat beside Rick and Daryl and Hershel as Mar joined them. "Some reunion huh?" Daryl asked quietly not to disturb the other people.

"She's in a bind," Rick said.

"We all are," Mar responded.

"Andrea's persuasive. This fella's armed to the teeth. Bent on destruction." Hershel said.

"So what do you want to do?" Daryl asked.

"We match it," Rick said. "I'm going out on a run tomorrow," he said.

"I'll head out tomorrow," Daryl told them.

Rick shook his head. "No you stay here, keep an eye on Merle. I'm glad that your back, I really am. We all are, but if he causes a problem it's on you," Rick told him as he rubbed Jewel's back.

"I got him," Daryl assured him.

"When have you ever controlled Merle? When have we ever been able too?" Jewel asked quietly.

"It's different now, we're different," Daryl told his sister.

Rick nodded. "Jewel's coming with me, and I'm taking Michonne and Carl. He's ready," Rick said.

"Jewel's still got an injured hand," Daryl pointed out.

"She volunteered. I'm going to Kings County to the police station and the clinic is on the way," Rick said.

"Plus I really need to get away from the prison," Jewel said. "I can still fire a gun and throw a knife."

"Is taking Michonne a good idea though? I mean we don't know if she's with us or if she's just out for herself," Mar told them.

"We'll find out," Rick answered. "You hold it down here," he instructed Daryl.

"You got it," Daryl answered.

"I'll keep an eye out on the kids. Sasha and Tyreese are fitting in real well, and I think Carl's even got a little crush on Lexi," Mar told them.

Rick gave a small laugh. "Well that's something normal, at least," he told them.

Hershel turned his attention back to Summer and Beth. "They sing like angels, don't they?"

Rick smiled softly. "Yeah they do."

"When there's nothing left to keep you here. When you're falling behind in this big blue world. You got to hold on. Hold on. Got to hold on. Take my hand, I'm standing right here. Got to hold on.... Down by the Riverside Motel. It's 10 below and falling. By a 99-cent store. She closed her eyes and started swaying. But it's so hard to dance that way. When it's cold and there's no music. Well, your old hometown is so far away. But inside your head there's a record. That's playing a song called. Hold on, hold on. Baby, you got to hold on. Take my hand, I'm standing right there. You got to hold on. You got to hold on, hold on. Baby, got to hold on. Take my hand, I'm standing right there. You got to hold on. You got to hold on, hold on. Baby, you got to hold on. And take my hand, I'm standing right here. You got to hold on. You got to hold on. You got to hold on, baby. You got to hold on, girl. You got to hold on. You got to hold on," both Summer and Beth sung.