Episode 107: Owari no Me

*Hikaru*

[Years Ago]

"Hikaru...," Kun said as blood dripped down his mouth. He smiled as he stepped back toward the edge of the sea cliff near his house. "This is the end... I've lost."

I reached my hand out toward him but I was still too far. "Kun!" I screamed with all the force I could muster. "Why are you doing this?"

He chuckled, his eyes dull as if life were leaving them. "This is all pre-destined. You will one day be forced to do the same." He put his hand over his chest. "You must contain the darkness within you. Today you slew the darkness within me. One day, I will return the favor." He spat out more blood. "Now, let's finish this!" He charged at me, his hands clenched tightly around the hilt of his sword.

I shook my head as I blocked his attack. "Why? Why must it be like this?"

He gave me a sad smile. "Because the alternative is sadder. Now, fight back!" He pushed me back.

I dug my heels into the ground and gritted my teeth. "No. I refuse!"

He laughed. "Fine. Then the one dying here will be you."

My eyes widened as he swung his sword at me. I blocked it and pushed back, sending Kun flying.

He smiled.

"Kun! Use your magic!" I yelled as he fell over the cliff.

He closed his eyes. "I'm out of prana."

No! I held out my hand and formed a lasso, but it was too thin and short. "Kun!" I yelled, tears sliding down my face. "Kun! No, Kun!"

***

['Present']

Bloody tears stained my eyes. "Kun... I killed Kun..." I shook my head. "I...am a murderer."

The man with the fox mask nodded. "So true, you're no better than us." He leaned in closer until I could hear his whisper with ease. "Actually, you're worse."

I closed my eyes, only to open them widely. "I'm worse?"

"Yes, you're a demon. That's why your parents abandoned you."

My hand pushed against the chains without a second thought. Light blasted the metal links away despite previously being unable to do so.

I glared at the man and removed my contracts, revealing deep crimson eyes.

The man stepped back. "Those eyes... they're real. Then that means that you're..."

Setsu stepped in between us. Shivers ran down her entire body as soon as she saw my blood colored eyes. "What are they? They're giving out a high energy reading. Kitsune, what are those things? I've never seen power like this!" she screeched as if going mad as she averted her eyes.

Kitsune's eyes shook with fear. "They're a legend..."

"A legend?" Setsu snapped, turning back to look at me.

I covered my face with my left hand. 

"Owari no Me, eyes said to bring about the end of all!" I responded. I warp behind her and kick her into the opposing wall, creasing a tiny crater. "You shouldn't have dragged me out." I charged at Fox Mask and pushed him up against a wall. My nails dug into his neck, causing him to scream. "A demon you called me? Well, what do you think now? Huh? You've awakened it, the true demon within!"

A white tail slapped my entire body, sending me flying into the adjacent wall.

"Owari no Me or not, you are a menace to this society." Nine tails danced around Fox Mask. One of the tails grabbed my right arm and shattered it with ease.