[Revised/Edited] Episode 45: Flames of a Dark Future

- "The World will then be swallowed by Darkness."

*Lei*

"They aren't demons. And while the spirits within them have demon-like power, they aren't demons either," I continued.

Eien snickered as he eyed me suspiciously. "Hmm, you seem to know a lot about them yourself. Are you one of them too?"

I shook my head. "I know because they've shared their secret with their closest friends. What about you? You were acting like one. Are you a demon?"

A long fox tail made of blue fire came down toward me from above.

"Aqua Draconis," Nyima yelled out, extinguishing the tail. Her eyes dug into Eien's. "Be quiet! Why are you acting as if you don't know what they were? I heard you call them spirits."

Eien chuckled. "Good memory." He dropped his smile. "Still, you shouldn't have stopped my spell."

"Why shouldn't she have?" Iah asked, stepping between the two. "You were planning on hurting a fellow classmate. Well, two since Adela is right next to Lei."

Adela stepped back from the flame, arms around her waist as she crumpled to the floor. "No, stay away!"

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. The flames danced in Adela's deep-red eyes. "Adela, snap out of it!" I wrapped my arms around her. A hand slapped my right arm away. I got closer despite the bruise marks from her slaps. I promised that I would keep her safe and that was a promise that I planned on keeping.

"Tail, fire, fox, destruction, family, light, darkness, the void, mountain, abyss, towers," she blabbered. "A girl, red eyes of destruction. A girl who is like the summer sun who seeks to save the person she loves. A familiar looking boy, a boy with a brilliant light. Black wings, red wings. Another boy with an uncanny resemblance, one of great talent who will choose the wrong path. No, not her...why? Green wings, orange wings. A girl with the light of a star, one who's light will dim. Another talented boy who will lose the one he loves. A boy...with cold eyes, a lonely boy who seeks love...and revenge..."

'Brilliant light? Serein?' I shook my head. Why did I think of him? 'But a brilliant light... No, what happens to Serein in the future?'

I snapped my fingers repeatedly. "Hey snap out of it! What do those words and phrases even mean?"

Eien looked away and jumped back up to his floating throne. "I'm...sorry. Please continue with the last match."

'Sorry? Was that all that he could say? Excuse me but that word doesn't cut it! Wait, was this how Nyima felt when I bumped into her?'

But I had no time to argue as Adela continued to flail. I grabbed her arms, making sure that she wouldn't slap my hands away. "Calm down. What's going on?" Sweat poured down my face as her words continued to echo in my mind. "What do those words even mean?"

"Listen, Adela," Iah spoke up. He reached his hand toward her but pulled it away. The prince sighed. "What's wrong?"

I smiled slightly. Despite the indifferent airs he put on, he cared for her, didn't he? Although, why was he like this toward her?

Adela took a deep breath and stared at me. "Lei..." She embraced me tightly. Her eyes moved erratically. "Crystal, chains, tomb, lost...No, Goddess, no! The world...it's vanishing into darkness...the heavens fall..." Her breathing intensified yet again.

"Come, let's go sit back down," I suggested, my fingers combing her hair. "Try to focus on something else. We still have more matches to go." I glared at Eien. "If he ever tries to hurt us again then I won't hold back."