Episode 88: Silent Treatment

"Silence is the most torturous of all torments for the social creature"

*Yuzuki*

"Yuzuki!" Lei said as first period began. This time every single one of us exchange students was here. Well, almost. The only exception was Renshu.

I gave him a shy smile. "How are you?"

Lei grinned. "I'm doing well." He rubbed his eyes and yawned a little. "Well, a little sleepy from having trained all night, but I'll get over it. Will you be helping us with the float today?"

"I don't think that I'll be able to. My dorm plans to continue investigating those who attacked you. If they managed to do anything to Renshu, then they must be among the upper tiers in the rank battles. So I think that I'll check there. Of course, that's assuming that they even participate in them."

"I've been looking forward to participating in one myself," he said, sighing as he put his hands behind his head. "Orion is lucky to have had one." He grinned. "Well, that's not the only thing that makes him lucky."

I averted my gaze, hiding my embarrassment. "Oh, and what else would that be?"

He just snickered as if teasing me.

I glanced up and saw Orion enter. He had already recovered from yesterday's battle.

"Orion!" I yelled, waving at him.

The guy walked on ahead, not even taking the time to glance over. In fact, he sat at the exact opposite corner of the room.

Lei shot him a stern glare. "What's wrong with him? He won a rank battle against the fourteenth rank and already thinks of himself as someone who can look down on others? Even if he is somewhat strong, that gives him no right to do that."

Is he mad at me about seeing him as Lei?

"I think that he's just tired still, the guy did faint after his match after all," I said, grinning.

Lei crossed his arms and smiled at me. "Hopefully that's it."

***

[Fourth Period]

I stared at the silent Orion as we individually worked on brewing our potions.

I put down my ingredients and leaned toward him. 

"Are you feeling well?" I asked, finally breaking the silence.

Orion nodded without even turning to look at me. He continued to stir the everweed while he poured his time prana into the vial.

He had been like that all day, only making simple gestures. 

'Was he still mad about yesterday? He was the one who put those words into my mouth. Like I would treat him as a replacement for Lei. Especially not when I had Lei around.'

"Done," he said, picking up the vial. He walked away, not daring to give me a second glance.

I grumbled and put my head against the black steel table. My eyes gaze up at the green liquid within the vial. How long does he plan on ignoring me?

I grabbed the vial and walked over to show the teacher. Though that might've been a bad idea with Orion lined up in front of me. The guy glanced over at me from the corner of his right eye but quickly turned away and focused on Mr. Suzuran.