Chapter 91: Recruitment

"The Mask Shatters"

*Sarah*

[Meanwhile, in Nine Petal City]

If I wanted to be accompanied everywhere around town I would've stayed home. Though considering the disappearance of Renshu, it did not surprise me that everyone else was afraid. Luckily we hadn't encountered the eight masked ones but everyone wasn't ready to lower their guard so soon. I on the other hand wanted some freedom.

I stopped as I was walking from Ms. Key's home to the shopping district as the sun began to set. I felt the eyes of someone on me. Someone was following me.

I crafted a pair of water knives. "Who is there?" I threw one of the knives into the bushes only to see it be flung straight into a nearby tree. I backed away and gathered water from the sea behind me.

"Stop," An said. His hair was covered in leaves. "It's only me."

I smiled. "Oh, you think I'll stop?" I unleashed the water on him but he levitated over the water.

"I'm not your enemy here."

I formed more knifes. "How can I be so sure? You were just following me in secret. Are you a stalker, or an assassin?"

"Neither," he said, waving his hands. "I am just accompanying you in case anything bad happens. Ms. Key told us that we shouldn't walk around alone until we settle things with the group that wants us out of here."

I turned around and had the water recede. "You should've asked one of the girls." He stood there, removing the leaves from his head like an idiot. "Are you just going to stand there? I'm leaving."

A large stupid smile formed on his face. "You mean I can go with you?"

"Are you dumb? You should be able to tell, you're a psychic after all." He grabbed a leaf from his hair. "First get rid of these and fix your bed hair."

An's face became red. "Sorry for my messy appearance. Maybe I should change into something more befitting of a princess' escort."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't start treating me special either. I rather you treat me the way you've been doing since we met."

He chased after me. "So, where are we going?"

My face suddenly became red. I had thought of going to get some new undergarments among other new clothes. "Uh, are you sure you want to find out?"
An's face became bright red as soon as we arrived at our destination. He turned around. "I think I'll stay out here."

I chuckled. He may have acted like an idiot most of the time, but he had a cute side to him. "Sounds like a good idea, but perhaps you shouldn't stand so close, you're getting stares." Crowds of people eyed him suspiciously.

He took out his phone and pointed it at me. I got his message and took out mine to exchange phone numbers. "Call me once you're done." With that he vanished into thin air.

I looked around, had he teleported or did he go invisible. I went into the store and choose something comfortable.

I dialed An. "I'm done." A hand suddenly grabbed mine. The hold didn't hurt, but it was firm. I dropped my phone and glanced behind me, a girl with a green mask made out of jade arranged like scales stood behind me. "Who are you?"

"Call me 'Hebi'. Wish to speak with you, but perhaps somewhere more private."

I nodded. I could sense that the girl was strong. It would be difficult to get out of the dilemma I found myself without getting others hurt. Talking to her in a private setting was the best decision to advert that.