[Revised/Edited] Episode 37: Data-Broker

-"There are things that mustn't be said and others that require to be. Knowing the difference is the key."

*Lei*

"That was unexpected," I said as we walked out of the elevator, returning to the main floor of the ship. Crowds of people passed by us, rushing off to enjoy the rest that the cruise ship had to offer.

"So, what is there to do here?" Nyima asked as she looked at me and our other teammates.

Iah glanced at Adela. "There's a lot. But right now, I'm going to go do some research on my opponent. The next matches will begin soon."

"You mean research me?" Sis asked, raising an eyebrow.

I glanced back and forth between the two. "No way, you're both facing each other?" Really should've taken a better look at the other matchups other than mine.

"I'm going to gather some intel on mine too," Nuk said before either one could answer. He ran ahead like the wind.

Nyima sighed. "Don't run or you'll bump into..." She narrowed her eyes as Nuk crashed into Sarah, sending both of them tumbling to the ground. "Someone."

"Oww," Nuk said as he reached for his mask. He stopped, realizing what he was going to do.

Sarah stood up and glared at him. "Look where you are going next time!"

I laughed watching the two. 'Reminds me of Nyima and I.'

"Don't laugh," Nyima said, glaring.

'Yikes, she's still mad. I really got to make it up to her one day.'

"And why were you even coming this way?" Kun asked, rubbing his face.

"I forgot something in my seat, now move it!" She rushed past my brother in a hurry. Whatever she forgot, it must've been something precious to her.

Nyima walked ahead of us.

"Where are you going?" Iah asked as he ran after her.

"To go have some fun and then do my own research."

Iah snickered. "You sound so serious saying that." He crossed his arms and ran after her. "If you want to have fun then let me accompany you! I mean, no offense, but you don't seem like the kind of person who knows how to spend her leisure time without working."

Nyima's face flushed. "I'm not a workaholic!" She hummed. "On second thought, I'm going to study my opponent first." She glanced at Zelde who trailed us. She and Nahimana were helping out Wani. At least those two could put their differences aside to do that. Usually, they would argue like cats and dogs.

Suddenly, she jumped back as Hal popped up in front of her.

"Hello, everyone! Hal here! I overheard that several of you are looking for data on your opponents. Well, this kind young salesman has the thing." He summoned several translucent cards. "Here is all the data that I've got on the various participants. Though, my collection isn't complete."

"Ohh," Hikaru said, running up to him. "I want one. My opponent is Adela."

If he wanted information on her, he could've just asked Kun or me. Then again, Adela likely didn't show all she was capable of during the team match.

Hal nodded and drew a card from his deck. It glowed pink. Had he color coded them? What magic was it even? Or was he just a wiz at using magiktech?

"That'll be twenty ciel," Hal said, smirking.

Hikaru reached into his pocket and pulled out a red coin with the image of a two-tailed cat. When had he gotten Kyuu Seishinian money? "Here you go," Hika said, handing it to him.