[Revised/Edited] Episode 35: Outrunning Time

-"Time flows unevenly. For some it goes slow, while for others it moves at the blink of an eye."

*Lei*

My eyes sparkled as Nahimana helped Wani return to his seat. That was an awesome fight. Wanikiya really tried, more so than I expected him to.

"Nice job out there," I said, giving my friend a toothy smile.

The prince kept his eyes down and tried his hardest to return the smile. "Thanks."

I took a deep breath and patted his shoulder. "Cheer up. Losing is part of the path to victory." 'Though, do I have a right to say that? Losing hurts... It really does.'

"The next battle will be Lei versus Orion," Koukyuu announced.

Wanikiya sat up straight and grinned genuinely this time. "Seems that it's your turn to go."

I snickered as I stood up. "I got this."

Orion scoffed. "Don't underestimate me. I might've lost to your team, but in a one on one match, I am more dangerous."

"Really?" Ayawamat said, staring at him skeptically.

"I usually don't agree with this guy, but are you sure that you aren't stronger in a group?" I asked, tilting my head.

Orion stood up. "I'll show you!"

"Play nice you two," Yuzuki said, watching both of us closely.

"Alright," I said, putting my hands behind my head. Orion and I walked down to the now defrosted field.

Eien raised his hands out and instantly the field turned into an indoor beach.

"Woah," I said, glancing around. A gentle breeze blew within the barrier and even the smell itself was like back home. Was this his magic or did he just activate Magiktech?

"Begin!" Koukyuu yelled.

My body suddenly felt sluggish like how it had back during the group matches. A wave sent me crashing into the pristine sand. I tried to get up as another wave came at me, but my body was too slow.

"Fu...gur," I chanted. Azure and yellow electricity flowed throughout my body. I managed to move away before the water could hit me. "Měngléigǔ!" I gathered white electricity within the palm of my hand and ran at Orion.

Orion jumped back. "Aqua Scutum!" A barrier of water surrounded the lavender-eyed boy. He moved his left hand. The guy was performing a non-incantation spell. While not as strong as the chanted version, it definitely gave one the element of surprise.

I glanced down as thick bluish pillars of water were ejected from the unusually deep pool of water. Thankfully, I'd managed to leap back just in time.

"Winds gather! Ventus Draconis!" A light-green stream of swirling prana emitted from my hands. I rapidly shaped the energy into the form of a long-bodied dragon without hind legs and unleashed it on the pillars. Roaring water sprouts danced throughout the field, sending water in all directions and raising dust high into the air.

I pulled the collar of my black shirt over my nose and ran at Orion. The sphere of electricity in my palm spun rapidly, sending out vivid sparks ranging from red to blue.

Orion jumped back, trying his best to dodge but I turned right and flung the sphere at him. The attack tore through the water barrier. He jumped aside as time slowed down once more, avoiding the sphere at the nick of time.

Smirking, I gathered the wind prana dispersed throughout the ring and reformed my wind dragon.

Orion took a deep breath and formed watery claws around his hands. He slashed at my dragon as soon as it came close and stabbed the ground with his claws, sending a wave of water at me.