[Revised/Edited] Episode 15: Testing One's Limits

-"Push yourself if you must in order to achieve your goals, but do not hurt yourself in the process"

[Day of the Test. Caelum Train Station- Hidden Terminal]

*Orion*

I stepped out of the bullet train alongside thousands of others. We were dropped off in a part of the station set aside for the test. All around us were proctors.

"Let's begin," a guy with long dark-blue hair and red eyes said.

"Tahoma?" I asked, running over him. "What are you doing here?"

Tahoma crossed his arms and smiled a little. "Do I know you?"

I averted my gaze. "Maybe not well. I'm Orion Hoshi. I'm an old friend of your cousin Aya, from before he moved to this town. Say, how is he?"

The young man scoffed. "You should focus on the test at hand. You only got an hour to reach the school. Those who fail to do so will not be allowed to take the exam."

I turned away and ran for it. However, I quickly found myself wheezing. 'Darn. Yuzuki was right. I should work out more.'

"You alright?" asked another blue-haired young man. Though his hair was shorter than Tahoma's, and his eyes appeared to radiate electricity. His skin was also much darker.

I opened my mouth, but only a muffled wheezing sound came out.

"This guy's weaker than Ulissis," a blue-haired girl with aquatic-blue eyes said, walking toward us as if she owned the place.

"That's not nice to say, Sarah," said a dark-skinned girl with blueish gray hair, glaring at her.

"Honestly, where do you get so much energy? Weren't you raised indoors?" a red-haired boy in a hoodie snapped as he and a tall blondie joined us..

The snooty girl scoffed. "You think all princesses are dainty like the ones on tv? A real princess's job is not all fun and games. Anyway, we don't have the time to talk. We have to get to the exam site as fast as possible!"

I managed to keep up with them thanks to the crowd in front slowing them down.

The electric-blue-eyed boy emitted a small amount of electricity from his eyes. "As soon as we're outside, I'll zoom past them. Ulissis, what are you going to do?"

"I'm just going to go full sprint," Ulissis said as he shoved away those behind him who wanted to run past. He gulped. "Wait, where did Ari go?"

"Think we lost her a while back."

"How annoying," the blond young man said as he created a stone wall to block part of the stampede.

"Thanks, Iah," a blond-haired girl said, jumping down from the top of the wall. Alongside her were five others. Two girls and three boys.

"Vermeil!" the electric boy yelled.

"Missed us?" she said as she and several others joined us.

Sarah scoffed. "Not really."

A brown-haired boy laughed. "Yeah, right!"

"Alban, copy Iah!" Alto yelled. "The less that make it to the school, the less competition there is."

I kept close to the group. Perhaps I would be able to make it to the school with their help.

The boy called 'Aban' grinned and formed additional walls alongside Iah, keeping those behind us trapped. "Don't tell me that you're afraid of this weak completion?"