[Revised/Edited] Episode 39: Enigmas

-"There are things in this world which remain unknown and without answer"

*Sarah*

I sat outside of Nuk's room and watched as people passed by. Several of them gave me strange looks. Mostly due to this being a boys-only hallway. The co-ed halls and girls-only halls were elsewhere.

I pulled my knees close to my face. 'These guys must be thinking that I'm waiting for my boyfriend. Hurry up, Nuk. Come on, you're taking as long as me... Perhaps he fainted. Maybe the twins planned this.' I got to my feet and surveyed the hall. It was now nearly empty. 'This is bad. I should go inside and wait for him there.'

I turned the doorknob. Nuk had left the door unlocked for me, should I need to come inside for whatever reason.

"Aww, such a nice shower," Nuk said, as he walked out of the bathroom. He stopped and glanced at me.

His normally covered up body was slender like a female's yet muscular in places. A long scar ran diagonally on his back from his left shoulder all the way down to his right side.

I turned away and cleared my throat. "Sorry. It was not my intention to barge in. I thought that you might have fainted."

Nuk quickly put back on his mask. I hadn't managed to get a good look at his face before he could put it on. "It's... fine. Hey, you didn't see my face... did you?"

I shook my head. "No, the steam is too thick and your bangs cover it up." I turned away. "Anyway, I will be waiting outside. Hurry up and change."

Nuk giggled into his right hand. "Perverted girl. You were too focused on the rest of my body, weren't you?"

"I was not! It was an accident!" 'Great, now I sound like An... Hmm, maybe the guy was telling the truth. No, he definitely wasn't. He spent too much...'

I ran out of the room and shut the door behind me. 'Did I really stare for too long?'

"Done," Nuk said as the door clicked open.

That was fast! He now had on a long-sleeved white shirt, black jeans, and a silver cap. Had he used a clothing related spell to change so quickly? Or had I compared myself to An longer than I thought?

He leaned closer. "You didn't peek, did you?"

I rolled my eyes. "What do you take me for?"

A playful smile dotted his face. "I don't know, a per..."

My left foot met his right leg.

"Oww!" Nuk said, rubbing his leg. "No need to be so aggressive! I'm the one whose chastity was under threat there!"

I grumbled as my face turned deep red. "Enough, let's go."

He took my arm into his. "Alright, my lady."

I slapped his arm away. "I do not need you to escort me as if we're going to the ball." Although, with that mask of his, he certainly would've fit right in.

"Sarah!" An yelled, waving at me as he ran through the hallway. He came up to me and grabbed my hand. "Come! You gotta see this!"

I blinked. "See what?"

"You'll see when we get there," he said with a large smile.

I looked over my shoulder and saw that Nuk was glaring at An. 'What's with that look? Is he... jealous?'

***

[Skating Rink]

"So, what was it that you wanted to show me?" I asked as I followed An. I had him let go of my hand on the way, lest people think we were a couple.